Groups

Do you think this joke is funny

I posted this joke in another thread, but do you think it's funny?

René Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "What will it be, whiskey?" Descartes says, "I think not!" And he disappears.

21 Comments

I don't get it who's rene? lol

i dont get it either:?

It's a philosophy joke!!

René Descartes once said the famous quote "I think, therefore I am."

In this joke, he says "I think not" and therefore he disappears. He's doesn't exist any more according to his statement.

:thumbsup:

duckmagicuk2

It's a philosophy joke!!René Descartes once said the famous quote "I … It's a philosophy joke!!René Descartes once said the famous quote "I think, therefore I am."In this joke, he says "I think not" and therefore he disappears. He's doesn't exist any more according to his statement. :thumbsup:

:giggle: glad someone explained it :giggle:

:geek:

Ok get it now.

Never quite works when jokes need to be explained:)

this joke was far to clever for me lol

You would have to have quite an intelligent audience to get them laughing at this one:giggle:

surprised jimmy carr not pinched this one yet

If you have to explain a joke, or ask if it's funny... guess what ;-)

]TMI

fox2020

I posted this joke in another thread, but do you think it's funny?

Erm, to be honest and from a personal perspective - NO! - sorry. But it is clearly aimed at a far higher level of humour than i can aspire to. If you DO understand it though - hats off to you, you must be weely weely smart:w00t:

Whoosh!

It made me laugh out loud.

Original Poster

sorry allhttp://www.userbars.net/forum/images/smiles/ashamed.gif

I almost rewrote it in French to say the joke was lost in translation then decided it wasn't worth the effort :P

Not bad to see some high brow humour in here, mix it up a bit

i prefer the much more straight forward ones

man walks into a bar - ouch!

irishman, englishman and a scotsman walk into a bar and the barman says 'whats this? some kind of joke?'

sandwich walks into a bar and the barman says 'sorry mate we dont serve food'

i could go on but i bet youve got some equally groanable ones!

Question: What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a philosopher?
    Answer: An offer you can't understand.

I got this joke and found it funny

ephellova

Question: What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a … Question: What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a philosopher?Answer: An offer you can't understand.

:giggle: Good one! Havent heard that before

ephellova

Question: What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a … Question: What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a philosopher?Answer: An offer you can't understand.

Lol, :giggle:

ephellova

Anyone else read this with an awful impression of the godfather?? :oops: Just me then....

The simple jokes in this thread........very funny.:-D
    The first joke..........,as stora said earlier.......WHOOSH.....straight over my head.:oops:Far to intellectual for a simple man like me. :-(

Aquatic

i prefer the much more straight forward onesman walks into a bar - … i prefer the much more straight forward onesman walks into a bar - ouch!irishman, englishman and a scotsman walk into a bar and the barman says 'whats this? some kind of joke?'sandwich walks into a bar and the barman says 'sorry mate we dont serve food'i could go on but i bet youve got some equally groanable ones!

can't beat the classics
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions