Groups
    EXPIRED

Do you turn the Chromecast off?

Banned
    Just installed a Chromecast, but how do I turn it off now I've finished using it? Or do I just leave it on the screensaver and go back to watching sky?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

13 Comments

You turn off the tv

I just unplug it from my TV and take the USB cable out to power it off and then plug both in when I need to use it again

I know a lot of people do leave theirs in.
    I personally am OTT and don't, instead I power off the TV and then unplug the chromecast.
    Edited by: "SupremeJaguar" 22nd Dec 2014

Don't forget to claim the Chromecast offers!

Hi jay dog

First do this

Open the app. Click check offers and download the free movies

Now, what happens is, when you turn off your TV, it will turn off. If USB powered

Don't worry too much. When your TV is on but you are not using chromecast.

It will go standby and just show a image

Hope I helped if you have any more questions. Give me a shout

P.s any tips on how to make lots of money in GTA V. Story mode?

Original Poster Banned

Thanks everyone, appreciate that.

Is the USB port on a tv still powered when in standby?

jaydog69

Thanks everyone, appreciate that. Is the USB port on a tv still powered … Thanks everyone, appreciate that. Is the USB port on a tv still powered when in standby?

Depends on the TV, I got a new TV this summer, the USB on the old one wasn't powered while TV was in standby but the new one is. I recommend checking the manual to be sure.

But realistically it uses up minuscule amounts of energy when not streaming, so if you're not worried about having your TV on standby then leaving it on shouldn't be an issue.

I'd be more concerned about making sure your TV is off since they reckon that 10% of your electric usage is from devices in standby.

I found the chromecast does get hot though so I just switch it off from the mains when not in use. I've got other things connected to the TV so didn't want the chromecast to remain on even though I weren't using it.

Sometimes I sit there just looking at the images. Yes I know that's sad.. Lol

EN1GMA

Sometimes I sit there just looking at the images. Yes I know that's sad.. … Sometimes I sit there just looking at the images. Yes I know that's sad.. Lol

Same. I even wonder about submitting my own woeful pictures haha

markhuges

Hi jay dog First do this Open the app. Click check offers and download … Hi jay dog First do this Open the app. Click check offers and download the free movies Now, what happens is, when you turn off your TV, it will turn off. If USB powered Don't worry too much. When your TV is on but you are not using chromecast. It will go standby and just show a image Hope I helped if you have any more questions. Give me a shout P.s any tips on how to make lots of money in GTA V. Story mode?

Don't do any of the assassination missions till you've completed the final heist. Then you'll have loads of money to invest correctly (Google 'GTA v assassination stock market)

dcx_badass

Unless all your equipment is over a decade old then that's not going to … Unless all your equipment is over a decade old then that's not going to be even remotely valid.

Still pretty valid even if the amount is now lower. Your TV is still looking for signals from your remote, smart tvs and tivo boxes are always listening to the Internet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767411
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313805
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1917

See more discussions