Do you use Red Spotted Hanky?

Found 11th Aug 2017
Are there any routes which are cheaper than elsewhere? Prices are almost same, occasionally higher, when I compare.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I'm not really sure what you are asking, but you should try any of the split ticket websites for cheapest rail travel.
windym12th Aug

I'm not really sure what you are asking, but you should try any of the …I'm not really sure what you are asking, but you should try any of the split ticket websites for cheapest rail travel.

Basically, what is the point of Red Spotted Hanky these days? For what situation do people still prefer to use it?

Some time ago they introduced the £1 fee which makes most cheap tickets (under £10) nonsensical to buy with them. Previously, even if same price as elsewhere the marginal benefit of the loyalty scheme was appreciated which made Tesco Clubcard voucher exchange (2 for 1) useful following end of traditional Boost.

That is what I am asking. Are there HUKDers still using Red Spotted Hanky and for what type or routes/situations?
I use it with Tesco clubcard vouchers as you get double the value of the vouchers.
Loyalty scheme amounts only to a 1% rebate, in other words a £100 ticket must be purchased to offset the fee. Without Tesco Clubcard I can not see why anyone would normally use RSH anymore.

Before the fee I always used it for my Clubcard points but now I use it only sparingly, if the fee were % instead of fixed I would consider using more. There are better ways to use Clubcard points like Pizza Express or Avios.
No, they still don't offer all options like day travelcard (tube/bus) let alone weekly pass. I've never come across cheaper price, so there is no point unless you have no other use for clubcard vouchers. Many better days out options in general even for travel I find Eurostar, Avios, coach better deals.
they are slightly better than the trainline i find but never cheaper than buying from the train companies themselves. same or more as you say.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants