Do you visit your elderly neighbours on Christmas day?

Found 18th Dec 2017
A friend of mine got me into it last year. He lives in a block with several single old people, and he goes all out on bringing them bottles of wine and servings of Christmas Dinner. I did it for the first time last year, albeit on a much less elaborate basis - I only have one elderly neighbour, so I just dropped round his with a bottle of beer in the morning, and sat for an hour's Christmas blethering with him. It's a small gesture, but it absolutely made his day.

I'll be doing it again this year, as will my friend for his neighbours. Do any of you do the same for your neighbours?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
When they bother to take in the 8 days worth of pints of milk that's surrounding their doorstep, I'll nip over and see how they're doing.
No, not anymore. Turns out my elderly neighbour is much more popular than me. Is was embarrassing and depressing in equal measure binned my Christmas cake too.
That was a joke by the way, before any non-pc humourless lefties get in there and start whinging.
MSK.2 h, 6 m ago

No, not anymore. Turns out my elderly neighbour is much more popular than …No, not anymore. Turns out my elderly neighbour is much more popular than me. Is was embarrassing and depressing in equal measure binned my Christmas cake too.

Wish you were my neighbour
12 Comments
When they bother to take in the 8 days worth of pints of milk that's surrounding their doorstep, I'll nip over and see how they're doing.
That was a joke by the way, before any non-pc humourless lefties get in there and start whinging.
No, not anymore. Turns out my elderly neighbour is much more popular than me. Is was embarrassing and depressing in equal measure binned my Christmas cake too.
Nice gesture OP, I haven't a clue who my neighbours are, i moved in 2 months ago and haven't seen them yet. Similar at the previous house, lived there 4 years and never met the neighbours.
Drooler12 m ago

When they bother to take in the 8 days worth of pints of milk that's …When they bother to take in the 8 days worth of pints of milk that's surrounding their doorstep, I'll nip over and see how they're doing.

Or you've run out of milk.
Taking dinner around to old uns this year. Was a struggle last year for them to come around. Used to go see a old lady across the road. I was the only person she would see Christmas day. Sad enit.. Still.. Do what you can
Edited by: "wayners" 18th Dec 2017
MSK.2 h, 6 m ago

No, not anymore. Turns out my elderly neighbour is much more popular than …No, not anymore. Turns out my elderly neighbour is much more popular than me. Is was embarrassing and depressing in equal measure binned my Christmas cake too.

I don't have any elderly neighbours on their own. Where I am, everyone is either married with a young family or they are retired, a couple and have their family round a lot.
Though we did invite a new family round for Christmas dinner last year. they hadn't long moved in and the Father-in-law called off as didn't want to travel up in the weather we had. Don't worry he visited his son who was closer instead.

It is good at this time of year to remember the hidden portion of our society.
daffers44 m ago

I wish you were my neighbour too 💔
MSK.8 h, 40 m ago

I wish you were my neighbour too 💔

Who knows we might all be neighbours!
adhkarzf47 m ago

Who knows we might all be neighbours!

I know for certain Daffers isn't You might be though!
MSK.8 h, 6 m ago

I know for certain Daffers isn't You might be though!

I doubt your mine unless you're a very noisy eastern European thank god I'm end of terrace!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants