Groups

Do you want to...

...build a snowman

14 Comments

Very nice mate!

how much money u gotta put into premium bonds?

do u always win something or could you not win money at all?

dcx_badass;8170113

You don't always win. I've had £200 since 1989, got another £100 in 2007, … You don't always win. I've had £200 since 1989, got another £100 in 2007, and another £2000 in Jan 2010. You can not win, but you also don't lose your money either. Not sure what the minimum is, was looking at the winnings for this month and someone only bought theres in Oct 09 and won the milltion.

so in jan 10 u won 2k? hmmm

is there a site to check which ones to put money into etc?

I think the minimum is £100. You don't always win it's a monthly draw each £1 gets an entry in a sort of lottery with the highest prize of £1,000,000 you do have the benifit that you don't lose any of the money you put in so in a years time you can get your £100 back. The downside is you could leave them in there and win nothing

ahh right hmm ill have a gander

Im not really a fan of premium bonds (infact i hate them) but glad to hear that you won a decent sum. What u planning to do with it?

cau96176;8170139

I think the minimum is £100. You don't always win it's a monthly draw e … I think the minimum is £100. You don't always win it's a monthly draw each £1 gets an entry in a sort of lottery with the highest prize of £1,000,000 you do have the benifit that you don't lose any of the money you put in so in a years time you can get your £100 back. The downside is you could leave them in there and win nothing

I don't know about £100, I've got £15 worth that my parents bought when I was a kid. Saying that, I don't really know anything about them except that I've never won anything!

dcx_badass;8170170

My dad has like £1 in them, my mum recons the £100 limit came in like 15 y … My dad has like £1 in them, my mum recons the £100 limit came in like 15 years ago.

That would explain it, mine are dated April 5th 1983 lol

well done op bought some for my son when he was born and he never won anything oh well gotta be in it to win it

more money invested more chance u could win in theory yes?

might chuck some in there in a few months

i got £500.000 with my premium bond but thats with £30.000 in there though so well worth it

well done, lucky you. I've had some since 1957 and they've never won anything ( only £3 worth though)

Banned

cookiemonster83;8170176

That would explain it, mine are dated April 5th 1983 lol

Ha mine are dated very similar, never won either.

Banned

I would prefer to have an ISA then I am guaranteed a return.

Congratulations on your wins :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2261
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767245
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826357
      4. word association Game73844477

See more discussions