Groups
    EXPIRED

Do you want to...

...build a snowman

5 Comments

Banned

Digital or print?

I find it depends on digital or print as above, and thus depends on cinema you attend.
    An old one I use to goto which the prices are only £2.50 sunday-thursday and £3.50 fridays and saturdays is terrible quality.
    But yet Greenwich Picturehouse which charges £9ish for a ticket is amazing quality.

Banned

awoodhall2003;8367941

I find it depends on digital or print as above, and thus depends on … I find it depends on digital or print as above, and thus depends on cinema you attend.An old one I use to goto which the prices are only £2.50 sunday-thursday and £3.50 fridays and saturdays is terrible quality.But yet Greenwich Picturehouse which charges £9ish for a ticket is amazing quality.

I find Digital is nice and pristine on a smaller screen, put it on a medium to large screen and you get real serious issue. The projector is in effect upscaling the image. Until 4k projectors are the norm I really try and avoid digital.

That leaves print which has many faults but when it's good it's really good. Screen size isn't an issue for print and it gives a lovely look to the movie, a feel that digital will never have. It's like vinyl and CD.

master_chief;8367971

I find Digital is nice and pristine on a smaller screen, put it on a … I find Digital is nice and pristine on a smaller screen, put it on a medium to large screen and you get real serious issue. The projector is in effect upscaling the image. Until 4k projectors are the norm I really try and avoid digital.That leaves print which has many faults but when it's good it's really good. Screen size isn't an issue for print and it gives a lovely look to the movie, a feel that digital will never have. It's like vinyl and CD.

Yeah probably the reason why I prefer Greenwich Picturehouses smaller screen, as it is the same film uses but smaller thus more 'pristine' but you sit closer thus the size of it ie % of your peripheral view is the same. And vinyl what?:p

Banned

awoodhall2003;8368020

Yeah probably the reason why I prefer Greenwich Picturehouses smaller … Yeah probably the reason why I prefer Greenwich Picturehouses smaller screen, as it is the same film uses but smaller thus more 'pristine' but you sit closer thus the size of it ie % of your peripheral view is the same. And vinyl what?:p

It was my analogy between digital and film. digital is cold and clinical, like CD. Film is nice and warm, like vinyl. Oh never mind. I don't like digital cinema is the summary!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1826
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      3. Cat Chat76734
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions