Groups
    EXPIRED

Do you want to...

...build a snowman

12 Comments

Banned

Ok, sorry Dave

Meh, I intend to be wealthy enough to retire before the retirement age anyway.

Op would you give dave a big wet sloppy kiss on the bum if he asked you too?

micoo

Meh, I intend to be wealthy enough to retire before the retirement age … Meh, I intend to be wealthy enough to retire before the retirement age anyway.

I intend to be dead by retirement age.

Dcx, do you mean the age at which you get a state pension? (You can retire at any age if you want to.)

Are you thinking of the State Pension Age is being equalised at age 65 for men and women? This started in April this year and is an equality measure not to do with austerity measures.
    table of female state pensions age
    Edited by: "chesso" 23rd Aug 2010

mr.potato_head

X)

Yes, they gave plenty of notice but I am still slightly miffed at having to be 62 before I get my pension as opposed to 60, before the equality case caused this to happen.

I seem to recall that some men wanted their pension age to be lowered to 60, obviously that was never going to happen!

By 2020 I wouldn't be surprised if everyone's state pension age was up to 67.

I think that this has to do with European equality legislation so the blues and the reds are both innocent.

Banned

chesso

Yes, they gave plenty of notice but I am still slightly miffed at having … Yes, they gave plenty of notice but I am still slightly miffed at having to be 62 before I get my pension as opposed to 60, before the equality case caused this to happen. I seem to recall that some men wanted their pension age to be lowered to 60, obviously that was never going to happen!By 2020 I wouldn't be surprised if everyone's state pension age was up to 67.

It should be increased to 75 AT LEAST. People are living much longer and we're skint.

There are far better things to blame the coalition government for.

It's typical really, current generations paying out for the indiscretions of previous.

That's the spirit there's nothing we grumpies like more than to see suicidal youngsters.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2261
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767245
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826357
      4. word association Game73844477

See more discussions