Groups

Do you want to "watch" stuff in a magazine

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Video inside magazines... good thing/bad thing? Discuss.

12 Comments

Original Poster

The first use of a video inside a print title has made its debut inside the American magazine Entertainment Weekly.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Banned

Meh :?

Original Poster

I'd find it bloody annoying to have an advert scream at me when trying to read a magazine!

Imagine paying £13.00 for a magazine though! Doubt if we'd see them in Deals, but you never know:)

Banned

Babbabooey;6315580

I'd find it bloody annoying to have an advert scream at me when trying to … I'd find it bloody annoying to have an advert scream at me when trying to read a magazine!

You can turn it on and off, its not automatic

That's crazy. Pointless but crazy.
    I say pointless as most magazines are already riddled with adverts as it is, I just ignore them. But see how over a period of time just a glipse of an advert will embed the company / product into my brain.
    With the video, I'm sure when and if it his the mainstream will be interesting at first, although the novelty will soon ware off, and nobody will actually choose to watch the whole advert.

There's a lot of money being pumped into this, maddness!!

I think this is great

Haha ok £13 for each one, crazy

Predikuesi;6315594

Imagine paying £13.00 for a magazine though! Doubt if we'd see them in … Imagine paying £13.00 for a magazine though! Doubt if we'd see them in Deals, but you never know:)

the mag doesnt cost 13 pounds-thats what the advertisers pay for the technology-it doesnt affect the price of the mag at all.

Im having one of these sent over by american inlaws just for the curiosity value.

Banned

Haven't bought a magazine since I was 13 and stores allowed you to buy FHM

i think the whole point of a magazine as a medium - is a cheap portable wedge of paper that is easily accessible and disposable. Any changes to the price or bulk of it, i should think will not go down well.

with all the new technology in phones and super tiny laptops - im not sure we need video in magazines

barky;6315633

the mag doesnt cost 13 pounds-thats what the advertisers pay for the … the mag doesnt cost 13 pounds-thats what the advertisers pay for the technology-it doesnt affect the price of the mag at all.Im having one of these sent over by american inlaws just for the curiosity value.

OK I see that now. Can't see advertisers taking this up yet, since they pay £13.00 to advertise in each magazine.

Banned

It's pointless and backwards.

Magazine content should be moving towards new online media, not the other way around (so to speak).

Gimmick.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions