Do you work for Carpetright?

Found 11th Jan 2014
Had a visit from a Carpetright estimator.

He said the price holds till Tuesday (3 days) and the price may go up after that.

How long is their sale REALLY on for?

1. Misc
  2. Carpet
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Carpet
12 Comments

classic salesman lies, these companies have year long sales and offer an incentive to close the deal now ...

I work near a Carpetright. The sale never ends. It is usual to have 50% or 60% off plus an extra 10%. The same day one sale finishes another one starts. They have more sales than DFS.

You can ALWAYS haggle with these sorts of places.

Peegy

I work near a Carpetright. The sale never ends. It is usual to have 50% … I work near a Carpetright. The sale never ends. It is usual to have 50% or 60% off plus an extra 10%. The same day one sale finishes another one starts. They have more sales than DFS.

Are you telling me that Carpet right have more than 365 days in their year? oO

I recently got new carpet in, looked at one in Carpetright store, it was on sale with 40% off apparently - found it online elsewhere for 30% cheaper again. Their prices are BS.

You can haggle at carpetright, or at least could, I did it years ago got another 20% off many years ago.

whatsThePoint

that's the good thing about a free market, shops can give as much … that's the good thing about a free market, shops can give as much discount off rrp as they like, but I'm sure you agree a shop should set a price that primarily works for them not you if they want to keep trading

Aye, except when the RRP is misleading and was never what they published to make their discount seem more appealing.

harlzter

Are you telling me that Carpet right have more than 365 days in their … Are you telling me that Carpet right have more than 365 days in their year? oO

I stand corrected.

no.

Me neither. What's my prize?

Permanent sale, they just move the prices around, so prices on specific carpets do go up and down, but there will always be something reduced

I think they only employ dummies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions