Do you / your family get......

Found 22nd MarEdited by:"cloudthecat"
simply do you STILL get on with your siblings?

I have one other that is 9 years my senior - he has a family of his own that dont talk to me.. .. .. .. .?? Why??
NO IDEA?!?! Been there when they grew up etc...
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
Nope.
I have a messed up family, my dad had a lot of children from various relationships so have lots of half siblings.
i have one full sister that sometimes winds me up and we have bickerings, but we see each other most weekends and she’s one of my closest friends really. I have a half brother on my mums side that is 9 years younger than me but I sorta grew up with (I left home at 15 so he was still young) he also has Aspergers and still lives with my mum and kinda stays in his room all the time, so it’s an odd relationship with him as he recluses himself a bit. He did stay with me for a few months last winter while my mum had building works as his bedroom wall was made of plastic sheeting (extension going on that was partially done and left unsealed) we still didn’t talk much and he stayed in his room most the time.

the dozen or so half sisters and brothers on my dads side don’t really feel like family most of the time as we didn’t grow up together, some are more like friends, some are more like “just someone I know” who I will say hello if I pass them in the street and some I don’t really know much at all.

my main sister and I have had callings our over the years where we haven’t spoken for whatever reasons, but all in all I think we understand certain things about each other that nobody else ever will and for that we will always have each other
I have the exact same issue, I am also at war with the next door cat who I am sure is out to get me!
I'm pretty close to my brother's, Family is very important to me. I don't particularly like some of them but love them the same. I've got an half brother and sister who I've never met. Didn't know I had until a few years ago. Made contact via social media, no response.

I really despise my dad, He went out for a pint of milk 30 odd years ago. Contacted him in the past and he doesn't want to know. His loss, I wouldn't dream of deserting my kids.
Op, could your brother (and his family) be jealous of you somehow?
My family get on pretty well despite being far apart age wise(my youngest half brother is 17 years younger than me). Mostly because my dad is a nightmare sometimes so it is kind of the enemy of my enemy is my friend
Maybe they don't like cats or your partner.
I don't get on v well with my brother and sister but 3 has always been a crowd in our family.

2 are always close and the other is outcast at any one time, rarely do we all get along at the same time.
no cant stand them ,dont talk dont miss it
Everything just F.I.N.E fine with me and mine
don't you worry your kitten socks cloudy 33502948-bMiqX.jpg
One brother close, other brother estranged. His decision.
I will wager that I have the most despicable, selfish, greedy, lazy and inconsiderate sibling out of everyone here. I can't abide her and I wouldn't be in the least bit bothered if I never saw her again.
I have 3 brothers and two sisters and I’m one of the youngest and I love them all in their own way. My sisters are my best friends and have all been brought up to with the mentality family comes first. I want for my children what my parents provided for me, lovely siblings to rely on x
Wow!!!

You guys have really opened my eyes. .. . ... So I am not unique then.... Wow.... LOVE the comment about the cat is out to get you as well! That DID make me laugh.... Deeky - say it as it is! LOL!

Farmlama - WOW!!!! Your daddy was a bit of a stud!!! .....

Honestly .. .. .. Guys this has made me smile reading this - thanks so so much....

I have tried so often with my brother.... I think that fact that Deeky has said wouldn't be in the least bit bothered.... ..
I maybe need to fee like that as "caring" has got me nowhere and just left me hurt....

As I mentioned before mine is 9 years older and .... Yes, maybe he is a bit jealous? I really dont know - but I have tried and tried and tried.. .. ..

He has a family 2 grown up kids.. .. .. One of them said some pretty nasty things to me - words to the effect of "I have lived in Brighton for 9 years - and when have YOU EVER come to visit ME?!?!"

Errrrrr?? Sorry? You are my nephew that I send money to for your birthday and xmas etc and never even get a text for facebook poke from.... And ? Honestly....

My brother is an absoute ........... to me he really is......

I have tried so so so sos oosssooooooooooo hard to be part of him/his life - but he just .....

This one time at bandcamp! LOL!
He was not working and his wife and he were getting divorced so he was living with my dad again... That was doing his head in, so I said come and live with me instead.....

So he did he moved in and it was literally like "Men Behaving Badly" all nite beer sessions, pizza takeaways and more!

I even got him a job (as at the time he wasn't working) I got him a job at HSBC Stockbrokers as the Head of Operations. In those days we went on recommendations more that we do these days..... He went from strength to strength....

Then one day he left in the dot com boom time and joined another company - but it all went t*ts up....

Anyway - today - my dad has been really ill, and my brother has been (trying) to pretend that he has done this that and the other for my dad - to put things into perspective my daddy and I have spent the last 15 Xmases together and my older brother makes my dad get the train to see him just to give him a xmas card!

So, dad died recently - cancer.. .. .. I am/was/are/is mortified and broken.....

My brother and the solicitors arranged a funeral .. .. .. . This was quite some time ago now - as in months..... Dad was cremated....

I haven't been able to collect the ashes as apparently as my brother arranged it - only he can collect them....

The funeral directors have sent the ashes back to the crematorium now as it has been so long......

My partner asked my brother what the ***** is going on and so on .. .. .. And do you know what he said?

"I might go and collect them and not tell you where I have scattered them!"

SERIOUSLY

Thats what he said... .. .. .

I cant stop crying and beating myself up - i just want to be with my dad soo soo sooo much and i have tried everything for my brother and all he does is hurt me... and his kids .. .. Well one of them is just vile!!!

Sorry to offload on here..... I really am.....

I am just so so so upset - I think it is because I am now just coming to terms with the fact that I have lost BOTH my Dad and my brother.... Somebody said to me the other day - I am not being funny - but you havent had a brother in the last 18 years so - you are not exactly losing anything.....

But maybe i didnt accept it then - maybe now..... Its the grieving ...

Thanks so much to each and everyone of you that have read or commented it means the world and more.

((((HUGS))))

Purrrrrrrrrrrr Cloud-the cat
cloudthecat8 m ago

Wow!!!You guys have really opened my eyes. .. . ... So I am not unique …Wow!!!You guys have really opened my eyes. .. . ... So I am not unique then.... Wow.... LOVE the comment about the cat is out to get you as well! That DID make me laugh.... Deeky - say it as it is! LOL! Farmlama - WOW!!!! Your daddy was a bit of a stud!!! .....Honestly .. .. .. Guys this has made me smile reading this - thanks so so much....I have tried so often with my brother.... I think that fact that Deeky has said wouldn't be in the least bit bothered.... .. I maybe need to fee like that as "caring" has got me nowhere and just left me hurt....As I mentioned before mine is 9 years older and .... Yes, maybe he is a bit jealous? I really dont know - but I have tried and tried and tried.. .. .. He has a family 2 grown up kids.. .. .. One of them said some pretty nasty things to me - words to the effect of "I have lived in Brighton for 9 years - and when have YOU EVER come to visit ME?!?!"Errrrrr?? Sorry? You are my nephew that I send money to for your birthday and xmas etc and never even get a text for facebook poke from.... And ? Honestly....My brother is an absoute ........... to me he really is...... I have tried so so so sos oosssooooooooooo hard to be part of him/his life - but he just .....This one time at bandcamp! LOL! He was not working and his wife and he were getting divorced so he was living with my dad again... That was doing his head in, so I said come and live with me instead..... So he did he moved in and it was literally like "Men Behaving Badly" all nite beer sessions, pizza takeaways and more!I even got him a job (as at the time he wasn't working) I got him a job at HSBC Stockbrokers as the Head of Operations. In those days we went on recommendations more that we do these days..... He went from strength to strength....Then one day he left in the dot com boom time and joined another company - but it all went t*ts up....Anyway - today - my dad has been really ill, and my brother has been (trying) to pretend that he has done this that and the other for my dad - to put things into perspective my daddy and I have spent the last 15 Xmases together and my older brother makes my dad get the train to see him just to give him a xmas card!So, dad died recently - cancer.. .. .. I am/was/are/is mortified and broken.....My brother and the solicitors arranged a funeral .. .. .. . This was quite some time ago now - as in months..... Dad was cremated....I haven't been able to collect the ashes as apparently as my brother arranged it - only he can collect them....The funeral directors have sent the ashes back to the crematorium now as it has been so long......My partner asked my brother what the ***** is going on and so on .. .. .. And do you know what he said?"I might go and collect them and not tell you where I have scattered them!" SERIOUSLY Thats what he said... .. .. .I cant stop crying and beating myself up - i just want to be with my dad soo soo sooo much and i have tried everything for my brother and all he does is hurt me... and his kids .. .. Well one of them is just vile!!!Sorry to offload on here..... I really am.....I am just so so so upset - I think it is because I am now just coming to terms with the fact that I have lost BOTH my Dad and my brother.... Somebody said to me the other day - I am not being funny - but you havent had a brother in the last 18 years so - you are not exactly losing anything.....But maybe i didnt accept it then - maybe now..... Its the grieving ...Thanks so much to each and everyone of you that have read or commented it means the world and more.((((HUGS))))Purrrrrrrrrrrr Cloud-the cat

So sad.
33506533-9h6jE.jpg
33506533-DIIJN.jpg
xxxx
.MUFC.23rd Mar

I'm pretty close to my brother's, Family is very important to me. I don't …I'm pretty close to my brother's, Family is very important to me. I don't particularly like some of them but love them the same. I've got an half brother and sister who I've never met. Didn't know I had until a few years ago. Made contact via social media, no response. I really despise my dad, He went out for a pint of milk 30 odd years ago. Contacted him in the past and he doesn't want to know. His loss, I wouldn't dream of deserting my kids.

(((((HUGS)))))
Get on better with them now than I did growing up, having nothing in common with then other than being related at a young age causing conflict I guess.
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 24th Mar
I have people who were once my family but now they are just related. I learned over the years that family will support you and stand by you for whatever, whenever and wherever. The rest are just relatives who wouldn’t help you out unless it meant something in return.
love my siblings but only see them one at a time - none of them talk to each other
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants