Is it always this rubbish?

39 Comments

sorry cant tell u, never watched it

Yes..(Only watched it once though)

DarkKnight;7393868

Yes..

This ^^^^

always rubbish,hubby and kids love it and i love david tennant

I cant wait until we see competitive birdwatching on sky;-)

archer1204;7393895

I cant wait until we see competitive birdwatching on sky;-)

I'll get on the phone to Bill Oddie :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

This is embarrassingly bad. So cheap.

No really in january theres a new series on sky about competitive birdwatching.;-)

tell your Mum to turn it over then.
    HTH

archer1204;7394002

No really in january theres a new series on sky about competitive … No really in january theres a new series on sky about competitive birdwatching.;-)

But will they post on twitter? like Twitchers Twitters...:thinking:

Original Poster Banned

skusey;7394042

tell your Mum to turn it over then.HTH

ignoring your silly comment, this is almost so bad it's funny.

another great episode of a classic tv show

brilliant ending

not suitable for boring people with no imagination though as demonstrated by the op of thread

Shame the Timelords are now evil and it left a lot of things unanswered.

ryouga;7394322

Shame the Timelords are now evil and it left a lot of things unanswered.

+1

Original Poster Banned

boothy;7394269

another great episode of a classic tv showbrilliant endingnot suitable … another great episode of a classic tv showbrilliant endingnot suitable for boring people with no imagination though as demonstrated by the op of thread

Let's not fight. We just disagree.:thumbsup:

It was just poorly paced and unintentionally funny.;-)

FilthAndFurry;7394379

Let's not fight. We just disagree.:thumbsup:It was just poorly paced and … Let's not fight. We just disagree.:thumbsup:It was just poorly paced and unintentionally funny.;-)

wrong again as usual

Kick his ass Seabass!

Original Poster Banned

boothy;7394390

wrong again as usual

I don't wish to fight. I've probably just spoiled myself by catching up with Dexter and re-watching a bit of Battlestar. This kids' show just seems a bit poor in comparison.:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;7394406

I don't wish to fight. I've probably just spoiled myself by catching up … I don't wish to fight. I've probably just spoiled myself by catching up with Dexter and re-watching a bit of Battlestar. This kids' show just seems a bit poor in comparison.:thumbsup:

still wrong

FilthAndFurry;7394098

ignoring your silly comment, this is almost so bad it's funny.

wow, strong ignore, soapy

Original Poster Banned

boothy;7394427

still wrong

It's kinda cute that you like it. Let's just leave it at that. I'm sure we can both agree that David Tennant is a hottie:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;7394436

It's kinda cute that you like it. Let's just leave it at that. I'm sure … It's kinda cute that you like it. Let's just leave it at that. I'm sure we can both agree that David Tennant is a hottie:thumbsup:

Still wrong

Banned

I hadn't seen it, but did record to watch it back to back.

Thanks for the reminder OP.

Excellent episode. Perhaps the OP didn't understood the story line sufficiently given the need to have watched previous episodes.

Original Poster Banned

guv;7394450

I hadn't seen it, but did record to watch it back to back.Thanks for the … I hadn't seen it, but did record to watch it back to back.Thanks for the reminder OP.

No probs. I'm sure you'll enjoy it:thumbsup:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7394462

No probs. I'm sure you'll enjoy it:thumbsup:

Strangely, given your awful taste in TV, I'm sure I will.

pghstochaj;7394459

Excellent episode. Perhaps the OP didn't understood the story line … Excellent episode. Perhaps the OP didn't understood the story line sufficiently given the need to have watched previous episodes.

The Italian Job is on the other Channel he was probably flicking between Dr Who and watching Camp Freddie liasing with Mr Bridger so didn't understand the full plot

Original Poster Banned

pghstochaj;7394459

Excellent episode. Perhaps the OP didn't understood the story line … Excellent episode. Perhaps the OP didn't understood the story line sufficiently given the need to have watched previous episodes.

Maybe that's it. It did seem to be a bit of a love letter to the fans, rather than a cohesive self-contained storyline.

Just felt some of the scenes were a little overwrought and way too long.

It would probably be unfair to pick on the special effects.:whistling:

Original Poster Banned

guv;7394472

Strangely, given your awful taste in TV, I'm sure I will.

I'm sure a lot of my favourite shows aren't the type of thing you'd watch. Enjoy the show though.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7394497

I'm sure a lot of my favourite shows aren't the type of thing you'd … I'm sure a lot of my favourite shows aren't the type of thing you'd watch. Enjoy the show though.

True. I don't tend to watch TV shows because the Male star is a "Hottie".

FilthAndFurry;7394479

Maybe that's it. It did seem to be a bit of a love letter to the fans, … Maybe that's it. It did seem to be a bit of a love letter to the fans, rather than a cohesive self-contained storyline.Just felt some of the scenes were a little overwrought and way too long. It would probably be unfair to pick on the special effects.:whistling:

It was a part two of two and the end of a doctor's reign of 3 series and multiple specials, I don't think it would ever have been a self-contained storyline for people that haven't watched it before (especially being a part two of two...). Unsurprisingly, you need to understand the characters to fully appreciate the episode. I can't imagine that there will be many Doctor Who fans complaining tonight.

I think you miss the point of the show and infact the entire concept of Doctor Who if you mention the special effects.

Original Poster Banned

guv;7394543

True. I don't tend to watch TV shows because the Male star is a "Hottie".

Neither do I - it's just an occasional bonus:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

pghstochaj;7394552

It was a part two of two and the end of a doctor's reign of 3 series and … It was a part two of two and the end of a doctor's reign of 3 series and multiple specials, I don't think it would ever have been a self-contained storyline for people that haven't watched it before (especially being a part two of two...). Unsurprisingly, you need to understand the characters to fully appreciate the episode. I can't imagine that there will be many Doctor Who fans complaining tonight. I think you miss the point of the show and infact the entire concept of Doctor Who if you mention the special effects.

Funnily enough, watching it I realised I was a bit more knowledgeable about it than I thought - so I got the references at the end (even the Sarah Jane adventures one) but just felt it was more of a love letter than anything else.

I just felt that it wasn't very good dramatically.

Original Poster Banned

jonnyq;7394616

Finale could have been better, some scenes were good but it wasn't … Finale could have been better, some scenes were good but it wasn't amazing. A love letter is an apt way of putting it. Russell T Davies has done a lot by bringing back the show and some episodes are great, kudos to Tennant as well. Human Nature & Family of Blood (not written by RTD) is an example of how good the show can be and not just for Dr Who fans. Sadly, RTS had his fan fiction writer / hack moments which overshadows the better stuff.

A couple of episodes have been very good. Blink was one that some friends insisted on me watching.

But it always has that slight CBBC feel to it. That doesn't mean kids shows can't be good - I'm a sucker for JLU and Ulysses 31.

It was just not to my taste.

FilthAndFurry;7394638

A couple of episodes have been very good. Blink was one that some friends … A couple of episodes have been very good. Blink was one that some friends insisted on me watching.But it always has that slight CBBC feel to it. That doesn't mean kids shows can't be good - I'm a sucker for JLU and Ulysses 31.It was just not to my taste.

You do know that Doctor Who is meant to be a kids/family series.

I enjoyed it. The kids enjoyed it and my wife cried but she cried during UP so meh.

Having watched the ]trail, roll on Spring.

Banned

Just finished watching. Seemed very good to me.

I particularly enjoyed the reference to "still not ginger" when the doctor regenerated.

Great series...David T. was the best so far..........
    I had tears in my eyes watching the end.....(prepping onions....:oops:)
    Rose was also a favourite of mine...:roll:

no its coz david tennent is leaving and a rubbish doctor is taking over
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Salecharms.com is this a genuine pandora retailer?34
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??37
      3. Iphone 6 to which handset?711
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.914

See more discussions