Groups

Dodgy?

Ive put my Samsung Q1 on ebay for £224.99 BIN auction and Someone has bought it and paid via paypal, But the person has 0 feedback and has been a member for 3 months? Now paypal are holding the fee's (the b******s) And i feel that this is very dodgy?

Your views on this?

12 Comments

Hearing so many scam stories at the minute with ebay and mobile phones, can't help but think somethings not right.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5130623

Hearing so many scam stories at the minute with ebay and mobile phones, … Hearing so many scam stories at the minute with ebay and mobile phones, can't help but think somethings not right.

Its not a phone, its a computer

something like happened to me. I sold some tickets, get in contact with pp and explain the situation. I sent the tickets and funds came to me. But i know what you mean, you cant be to careful.

dean3988;5130650

Its not a phone, its a computer

Oh, my bad, well same goes for any high value item I think.

in the next day or so, paypal will release or reject the funds. if they release them, you are covered. So just send it, and make sure you have tracking and proofs etc.

ebay members have to start somewhere!

make sure the users address is verified on paypal, VERY IMPORTANT!

some good advice above /\
    should be fine mate

tinkerbell28;5130702

Not anymore PP will cover you for unconfirmed too now if your … Not anymore PP will cover you for unconfirmed too now if your eligible:thumbsup:

oh i didn't know that, thanks :-D

I had this when i sold and xbox 360 on ebay, i to was very weary about sending the item, but as has been said above paypal just hold the feels to protect both buyer and seller.

You should be fine, just send the parcel so its traceable..

Original Poster

Address is confirmed on paypal. Ive been told by tom on msn, that if i refund 10p over paypal ill get alll the money, but wont this ban me from paypal?

dean3988;5130826

Address is confirmed on paypal. Ive been told by tom on msn, that if i … Address is confirmed on paypal. Ive been told by tom on msn, that if i refund 10p over paypal ill get alll the money, but wont this ban me from paypal?

Hmm never heard of that before...

make sure you get signed for postage ,, take pics of it b4 u send it ,, also in your ebay settings you could of banned users with less than 2 feedback or something like that,, you can also ban overseas buyers and things like that.

or if you rnot happy refund him / her their money and re list it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …270933
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764563
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.1719
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523459

See more discussions