Dodgy DVD Men - Love them or Hate them!?

The question that's on everyone's mind...what do people actually thought of the dodgy DVD men? Whether you like getting DVD's before they come (**** quality) out for £2, baring in mind about £6 less than the cinema! Or you'd rather pay to go to the cinema?

All posts welcome! :w00t:

17 Comments

You might a well just download them.

Banned

marty153

The question that's on everyone's mind...what do people actually thought … The question that's on everyone's mind...what do people actually thought of the dodgy DVD men? Whether you like getting DVD's before they come (**** quality) out for £2, baring in mind about £6 less than the cinema! Or you'd rather pay to go to the cinema?

Nope. They are a pain in the backside and should stick to takeaways!!!

Besides, better quality (and cheaper!) available via usenet.

Oo'er! I just noticed where you hail from!

i used to buy dodgy videos back when i was a kid, but i dont bother. dont even download. more often than not the quality is utter ****, and its bound to look worse on a 42" screen. i'm happy to wait until it comes out to rent, then i rent it free from lovefilm

shanecr

i used to buy dodgy videos back when i was a kid, but i dont bother. dont … i used to buy dodgy videos back when i was a kid, but i dont bother. dont even download. more often than not the quality is utter ****, and its bound to look worse on a 42" screen. i'm happy to wait until it comes out to rent, then i rent it free from lovefilm

Your downloading the wrong ones then.

Most of the stuff I download are 1:1 in quality with retail releases (the extras are usually cut).

download it,why pay £7 to sit infront of a **** making noise

I think its funny when you get a dodgy dvd and settle in to watch it... then half way through you get some one in the front row get up and go to the lavvy or they come back with popcorn and drinks.....you can see all the heads in the cinema rows and hear all the laughter etc..ITS A DVD!... shockingly poor quality and never again have I bought "dodgy".

Some people where i live bought Transformers from one to find out they got the 1978 release:-D . If people are stupid enough to buy from them they get every thing they deserve.They are low quality cam releases on low quality discs, so you usually can't see the end anyway cause the disc keeps crashing.

You just have to download the right ones.

I got shrek 3 weeks before it came out at the cinema
I have a DVD copy of disturbia. DVD quality,Menu,special features,the lot

Never buy them from some guy down a alley

Yep. Definitely download them. Got cracking copy of War with Jet Li already. Much better than going 20 miles to the cinema :thumbsup:

years ago my mate purchased jurassic park on vhs from blackpool
it was a blank tape
how we laughed :-)

pppsssttt i have many d veh dees for shale velli cheap come look :-D

Loads of films come out on dvd in the us before here, these are always great quality (obviously) on bittorrent. I dont think the film companies lose out, i've paid for a bunch of films to own the dvd after downloading something i wasnt sure about and finding out I liked it. I have a £10.99 cineworld pass too but not the time to see every film in the cinema I want to, so I download stuff i've missed too. What really annoys me is the dozens of cr*p copy dvd sellers that go door to door in Cardiff, the Polish people here have opened some great shops (my local fruit and veg shop is top- £5 for a big bag of fresh stuff) and do the building stuff etc, so why do these few Chinese people think selling counterfeit goods is acceptable? Sorry if that seems a bit xenophobic, I know there are *reasons* people turn to crime, but it annoys me greatly!

If your going to purchase and handle "stolen property" you might aswell just download them....

hmm i gota say i rather wait a few months and go to blockbuster when there something like 5 for £30 i think they even have 2 for £10

Im all against it [at the moment] unless its an 18 film :giggle:

I can just go see it anyday anytime i want on my unlimited card, no need to download it really:P

I hate pirates - i dnt go near them or cinemas - i wait patiently for the dvd

Vote with your wallet! Dodgey deals normally fund other dodgey deal's....:x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions