Dodgy eBay-age?

Hey everyone,

I was just browsing eBay and came across something:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIS…tem

Anyone else suspect the website he's on about is HUKD? Surely nobody's THAT underhand?! Can this be reported?

33 Comments

*quickly closes auction so no one notices*:oops:

sounds like there on about quidco or somthing like that:roll:

I cant believe people have actually bought them, are they really that gullable

One of the previous comments say good but some codes out of date so maybe not HUKD as this site will say expired, do you think

why bother for 1p - dont know how much he has been charged to list but its still a waste
also goes against the ethos of this site

Original Poster

anyone else notice that it's 50p P&P for delivery by e-mail?

Original Poster

i'm almost tempted to blow 51p on it, just to see if it is HUKD!

almost

unless we email some of the other purchases to see what they say
You dont even have to bid you can put in a best offer so how about £0.00000000 especially since delivery is free if you put in an offer and win

It could be giving info on one of a million sites.

Personally I don't think it's doing anything wrong. Underhand maybe, immoral probably, but technically nope. I guess not everyone knows about sites that give away this information for free, etc. so to those people it is probably well worth the money they pay.

Original Poster

unless we email some of the other purchases to see what they sayYou dont … unless we email some of the other purchases to see what they sayYou dont even have to bid you can put in a best offer so how about £0.00000000

i like it....

I don't see how anyone can make money doing this, they must be relying on a serious amount of stupid people being out there for 51p per con.

worto.

DylJones;1918843

i'm almost tempted to blow 51p on it, just to see if it is HUKD!almost

thats what i was thinking - then put a compaint in and get all of my .51 p

item not as described - websites are free

nightswimmer;1918855

Personally I don't think it's doing anything wrong.

I thought digital delivery was outlawed on ebay:whistling:

Original Poster

holly100;1918872

thats what i was thinking - then put a compaint in and get all of my .51 … thats what i was thinking - then put a compaint in and get all of my .51 p item not as described - websites are free

Haha! Genius!

I just looked at the feedbakc history. He used to sell at 99p and free delivery!
All good feedback tho, I guess he's doing something right!

Original Poster

worto03;1918870

I don't see how anyone can make money doing this, they must be relying on … I don't see how anyone can make money doing this, they must be relying on a serious amount of stupid people being out there for 51p per con.worto.

there are plenty of stupid peole around. On a similar note, unlocked 8GB iphones are still going for ~£190ish PLUS delivery!
Says it all really...

Shengis;1918892

I thought so to, but I couldn't find anything in their help section. But then again their help sections is useless for finding info. :roll:

I suppose it is quite easy fo some people not to know about these sites. I never knew about cashback other than out local club asked us to go through their site when we bought items so they could get it for theirselves. It wasn't until i went on HUKD that i realised i could get the money for myself.

Still annoyed though that someone can do this but like someone said above its not technically wrong and there are plenty of other scams going around that are far too good to be true but people are silly enough to go ahead with them

nightswimmer;1918931

I thought so to, but I couldn't find anything in their help section. But … I thought so to, but I couldn't find anything in their help section. But then again their help sections is useless for finding info. :roll:

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

Doesn't start till the 29th though. That must be why they've dropped their prices, firesale :lol:

Shengis;1918892

Just done some more digging. ]Looks like you can sell digital items, but if this is classed as that then he is breaking the rules by not listing it correctly.

Shengis;1918968

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/downloadable.htmlDoesn't start till … http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/downloadable.htmlDoesn't start till the 29th though. That must be why they've dropped their prices, firesale :lol:

Hahaha...looks like it. :thumbsup:

The problem with ebays help system is its mostly out of date. There's so many contradictions in there its beyond belief. Maybe if they'd taken the time to date each page it would be of more use, but then they wouldn't be able to screw you over by picking and choosing which page to use.

Shengis;1919011

The problem with ebays help system is its mostly out of date. There's so … The problem with ebays help system is its mostly out of date. There's so many contradictions in there its beyond belief. Maybe if they'd taken the time to date each page it would be of more use, but then they wouldn't be able to screw you over by picking and choosing which page to use.

Exactly. And then only after you have listed and they take your fee. :x

maybe any newbies who have joined hduk lately could tell us if they BOUGHT the item
would be interesting to know - if any of you did - claim your money back - item not as described -

holly100;1919242

maybe any newbies who have joined hduk lately could tell us if they … maybe any newbies who have joined hduk lately could tell us if they BOUGHT the item would be interesting to know - if any of you did - claim your money back - item not as described -

no one would dare admit to buying it, would you?

why not - if it could help flush the culprit out
maybe the mods can look into it - as rules on hduk says you cannot sell on here and ebay - there is something linking this - i think?? i have confused myself now!!

i am so tempted now to put in a bid for 1p if it let me and i would love to find out what the site is.

miffy121;1919651

i am so tempted now to put in a bid for 1p if it let me and i would love … i am so tempted now to put in a bid for 1p if it let me and i would love to find out what the site is.

curiosity ......mm

Well i would like to see how greedy the person is and whether they accept it or not

they are selling/buying feedback for a couple of pence/quid that's all

someone should buy it.. then put the address in the feedback so the seller can;t edit it lol

i really hate ***** like that :x

emasu;1920910

someone should buy it.. then put the address in the feedback so the … someone should buy it.. then put the address in the feedback so the seller can;t edit it lol

You can't put addresses in feedback, so the seller will just get it removed.

You could put though something like:

'Thanks, excellent resource - hot uk deals!'

Or something like that just to torment them :giggle:

I have saved a fortune from this site (no didn't buy the link ) but if I had paid .51p then I would still be a very happy bunny!! There are a lot of people on ebay who sell tesco & asda codes, which people on here share for free. I guess its just up to the individual. like the idea of posting a link in the feedback though:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Banned

what do you think the OP has typed in to find this lol?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free Codes from EGX33
    2. What do you feel happy about/grateful for today?53407
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
    4. What would be HELL to you?3254

See more discussions