Groups

Dodgy Flickering Laptop Screen

OK, my sis has a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop li 2735 t5750 .

It's outside of it's warranty but after about 5 or 10 mins use, the screen starts to flicker. It hasn't yet completely gone black, but just flickers and has diff colours on the screen.

I assume this is a dodgy ribbon/link between the base of the laptop and the screen??

Anyone knows if this is easy to check as I assume it could be a loose connection?

9 Comments

just make sure all the wires are plugged in securely......i.e push em :?

if its happening after 5 or ten minutes then it could well be the graphics card is on its way out as it is artifacting when getting hot, if its the ribbon on the LCD then it will probably do it all the time and when you move the screen back and forth.

Original Poster

lil_tiger;6557396

just make sure all the wires are plugged in securely......i.e push em :?

Yep all are secure

iNSOMANiAC;6557429

if its happening after 5 or ten minutes then it could well be the … if its happening after 5 or ten minutes then it could well be the graphics card is on its way out as it is artifacting when getting hot, if its the ribbon on the LCD then it will probably do it all the time and when you move the screen back and forth.

OK - is it easy to replace a graphics card in laptop or a job for expert? (or a new lappie!)
    Is there anyway to test if the graphics card is on it's way out to be sure??

NB Both repped!:thumbsup:

graphics will prob be on the motherboard so id say get it on ebay and treat yourself to a new one

sell it as screen flickering a bit, sold as seen ! someone will buy as easy fix and jobs a good un

Original Poster

leemole101;6557594

graphics will prob be on the motherboard so id say get it on ebay and … graphics will prob be on the motherboard so id say get it on ebay and treat yourself to a new onesell it as screen flickering a bit, sold as seen ! someone will buy as easy fix and jobs a good un

Cool - FIRST OF ALL I WILL NOT BE SELLING ON HERE! But how much you reckon then???!!
    Please no offers on here - don't want to be told off!!

Try blowing out all the vents .Could just be dust causing the graphics to over heat,

Is it a dedicated graphics card or integrated? If it's not a dedicated graphics card I doubt it's the cause as integrated cards are part of the motherboard so if they fail the machine will normally not boot at all. There is an easy way to identify if it's the graphics card/motherboard or part of the screen assembly that's at fault - while the machine is misbehaving, use print screen to take a screen shot and look at the image on another PC. If the image looks the same as the screen then it's the graphics card/motherboard but if the image looks fine then it's part of the screen assembly or the connection.

From what you've mentioned it sounds like a faulty screen inverter.

John

Johnmcl7;6557855

Is it a dedicated graphics card or integrated? If it's not a dedicated … Is it a dedicated graphics card or integrated? If it's not a dedicated graphics card I doubt it's the case as integrated cards are part of the motherboard so if they fail the machine will normally not boot at all. There is an easy way to identify if it's the graphics card/motherboard or part of the screen assembly that's at fault - while the machine is misbehaving, use print screen to take a screen shot and look at the image on another PC. If the image looks the same as the screen then it's the graphics card/motherboard but if the image looks fine then it's part of the screen assembly or the connection.From what you've mentioned it sounds like a faulty screen inverter.John

+1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764263
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions