Groups

Dodgy hinge on my laptop, help please!

Hi I have a HP laptop but the hinge is really quite dodgy, can this be mended does anyone know please?

11 Comments

plenty of hp laptop hinges on ebay. If its anything like the acers all you need to do is pop the screw covers and tighten them up with a opticians size phillips screwdriver

Not a DV9000 series laptop is it? Had countless problems with the hinges on my dads

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Not a DV9000 series laptop is it? Had countless problems with the hinges … Not a DV9000 series laptop is it? Had countless problems with the hinges on my dads

Yes it is and its just out of warranty, surely Hp should do something about it if they know there is a problem with them

Even if it's a just out of warranty you still have rights under the SOGA where did you buy it from?

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture1 person likes this

Even if it's a just out of warranty you still have rights under the SOGA … Even if it's a just out of warranty you still have rights under the SOGA where did you buy it from?

Currys I think but I dont know if I still got the recept

bluebindy123

Currys I think but I dont know if I still got the recept

Currys are quite good for retaining receipts on their system. I had an mp3 player that was just out of warranty and I took it back to them without my receipt and because it was paid by card they managed to find it on the system

Original Poster

Found receipt it was bought in May last year, where does the time go? Been to Currys today don't want to know. They would put it down to wear and tear. So no joy there, has anyone any ideas please?

am on my mobile so just short message. give consumer direct a ring, currys responsibility doesn't end after a year.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

am on my mobile so just short message. give consumer direct a ring, … am on my mobile so just short message. give consumer direct a ring, currys responsibility doesn't end after a year.

Thank you I will phone in the morning.

Did you get sorted with this?

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Did you get sorted with this?

No not yet, as my daughter has the laptop and I think I will need the code off the back and take pictures of it. Frankly the hinges are nearly falling off and its a right state. the laptop does still wotk though. I will wait till half-term and then sort it out.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions