Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Dodgy sounding buyer on Gumtree

Posted 23rd May 2012
Hey all, trying to sell an old phone on Gumtree and have the following potential buyer but he sounds well dodgy....how do I ensure I get his money in paypal without him withdrawing it?? Hes even offered me £30 more to post it....which is even more dodgy lol. I havent replied to his last email below yet i.e. havent given him my paypal details yet, any harm in doing this?

CONVO GOES:

HIM: “Thanks for the mail, i agreed with the condition, i will love to buy it. I would have come to pick it up but i am always busy at work all day's, so i will offer you £160 including the shipping amount (P+P)
So please kindly send me your PayPal email address and Name so as to make the payment right now.
Hope to read from you soon
Regards”

Me: “Hi there,
Thanks for your reply. I dont mind posting it, but I forgot to mention, it doesnt come with a box or any accessories apart from the phone itself, the memory card and the battery. Is that acceptable to yourself? If so, please let me know your postal address and I will forward my paypal details.
Look forward to hearing from you
J”

HIM: “The shipping address is registered and confirmed with PayPal.
Kindly get back to me with your PayPal email address and name so as to make the payment asap.
PayPal will get you informed the shipping address after the payment has been made.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards”
Community Updates
36 Comments

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.