Does a 32 inch UHD smart TV exist?

Posted 7th FebEdited by:"adriang68"
Looking for a TV for a 'man cave' although I've told the wife it is a study.

I'm not going to be able to go any bigger than 32 inches in size, which is OK. Its not a place to watch movies, more for hobby stuff and do some work.

I want to be able to connect a PC up to it, so a better resolution is needed. I'm no gamer so gaming quality display isn't important.

I thought there was an LG on Amazon (32LM630BPLA), but cross referencing it on the LG website, seems the info on Amazon is incorrect.

Must haves:
32inch (might be able to go to 37, but seems rarer)
UHD
Freeview tuner

Nice to haves:
SmartTV (worse case, can use something external).
Something with a bit of quality.

Does anybody have any leads or pointers?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Same question asked just a week ago (ish) take a look through threads in this section.
might struggle with a TV but have you considered a monitor if you can use external inputs and you have a PC hooked up or do you need it to have a tuner or other TV features?
the US have one but dont think they will bring it over here
samsung.com/us/…buy
unless you can get someone to ship it over
Edited by: "Luckyluke02" 7th Feb
UHD seems rare on smaller sizes. You could just go with HD?
jon81uk07/02/2020 09:05

UHD seems rare on smaller sizes. You could just go with HD?

UHD is preferable because I want the additional resolution for when I use it with a PC as a monitor.
Luckyluke0207/02/2020 08:34

might struggle with a TV but have you considered a monitor if you can use …might struggle with a TV but have you considered a monitor if you can use external inputs and you have a PC hooked up or do you need it to have a tuner or other TV features?the US have one but dont think they will bring it over here https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/32-class-q50r-qled-smart-4k-uhd-tv-2019-qn32q50rafxza-buyunless you can get someone to ship it over

Importing a TV won't give me the UK compatible tuner.. I've 2 TVs I bought from Europe and they are basically large monitors, as they don't have Freeview (or Freesat) tuners. US imports will have the additional challenge of 110 voltage, I've found that US electircal goods are rarely dual/multi voltage.
adriang6807/02/2020 09:19

Importing a TV won't give me the UK compatible tuner.. I've 2 TVs I bought …Importing a TV won't give me the UK compatible tuner.. I've 2 TVs I bought from Europe and they are basically large monitors, as they don't have Freeview (or Freesat) tuners. US imports will have the additional challenge of 110 voltage, I've found that US electircal goods are rarely dual/multi voltage.

Buy a Freeview HD box, curry’s and Asda sell them for about £30
The short answer is that no good 32 inch TVs exist (Sadly, would love an OLED) but there are lots of monitors that are good, you could then just connect a Freeview box and a Firestick/Roku.

If you can stretch to 43 there is a Samsung QE43Q60R which is pretty good.
Edited by: "Gormond" 7th Feb
adriang6807/02/2020 09:19

Importing a TV won't give me the UK compatible tuner.. I've 2 TVs I bought …Importing a TV won't give me the UK compatible tuner.. I've 2 TVs I bought from Europe and they are basically large monitors, as they don't have Freeview (or Freesat) tuners. US imports will have the additional challenge of 110 voltage, I've found that US electircal goods are rarely dual/multi voltage.

US tv’s always say like 100-120v on the case but the power boards are (mostly) 100/240. I brought a PS4 back from America stamped on it is 100-120 but it takes 240 no issues
UHD is a ridiculously high resolution. Even 32" monitors at that size are normally 2560x1440. It'd be equivalent to a 21" monitor at 2560x1440.

It's only useful in desk viewing distances if you want a Retina/HiDPI setup, at TV distances it'll be pointless.

How far away are you going to be? I wouldn't discount 1920x1080 at that size if you're even slightly further away than normal (say 1.2m).
EndlessWaves07/02/2020 09:57

UHD is a ridiculously high resolution. Even 32" monitors at that size are …UHD is a ridiculously high resolution. Even 32" monitors at that size are normally 2560x1440. It'd be equivalent to a 21" monitor at 2560x1440.It's only useful in desk viewing distances if you want a Retina/HiDPI setup, at TV distances it'll be pointless. How far away are you going to be? I wouldn't discount 1920x1080 at that size if you're even slightly further away than normal (say 1.2m).

Yeah I have a 32 inch QHD monitor and the resolution is fine at standard distance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants