Does a deal's heat rating decrease over time or is it only cold votes that will decrease a deal's heat?

15 replies
Found 18th Sep 2016
Just curious as my deal reached a peak of 998 degrees so far (so close to my first 1000 badge, bloody gutted!) and it's dropped to 996.

hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…646

It's now hit 7 days old so it won't be under the weekly deals any more, so it'll have less reach. Obviously people will still find it if they search for it, but I'm wondering if the 998 to 996 overnight would be based on cold vote(s) or whether it's declining heat based on time?

I know it's not exactly an important thing but my curiosity has got the better of me.

Thanks in advance!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

I've already voted

Original Poster

mistafaz

I've already voted

Haha thanks

I hadn't... and well done on your achievement
Edited by: "paddymcn" 18th Sep 2016

You now have Hotspot - Level 2

went and bought it forgot to vote, sorted now.

fishing for heat eh!

Original Poster

Cheers paddymcn, appreciated!. See now I'm really confused, so I got heat from yourself, obviously a long standing contributor, and I got the notification yet it's not budged from 996. So weird...

Original Poster

Ahh you guys! Yeah it's moved. Sorry to be a knob, I know this was sort of fishing. But it'd been on 990+ for 2 days and I was a bit gutted haha.

Appreciate it

1002. You're welcome

Original Poster

Thanks guys! No more heat necessary now, don't want to get myself in hot water

Rory Joe

Thanks guys! No more heat necessary now, don't want to get myself in hot … Thanks guys! No more heat necessary now, don't want to get myself in hot water

now you've done it, now more people will give it heat.

wouldn't worry it's a bit to old for anyone to worry about fishing for votes.

I've just voted and it went to 1003 so I reckon you are good now.

Original Poster

bluetba

now you've done it, now more people will give it heat.wouldn't worry it's … now you've done it, now more people will give it heat.wouldn't worry it's a bit to old for anyone to worry about fishing for votes.

It's dropping now, hahaha. I think some people have seen this and purposely voted cold. It's all good

voted
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions