Does Amazon add-on pre-order trick still work?

Found 24th Jul 2015
I bought an add-on item and a Blu-ray to be released in October, yet the order estimated delivery date for both items is October. Have Amazon stopped this trick from working?

Thanks guys
Community Updates
8 Comments
i ordered an add on item and added a game which was out next year and got it. so yea. should still be ok
As long as your order total is £20 or more the pre-order trick works - otherwise you won't get the add-on item until the pre-order is sent.
Nikkisun

As long as your order total is £20 or more the pre-order trick works - … As long as your order total is £20 or more the pre-order trick works - otherwise you won't get the add-on item until the pre-order is sent.

The add on item is £4 and the blu ray is £18 so the total order value is £22. No Prime Account though.
I had a look on a Prime account & it splits it into 2 seperate orders at the final page before purchase (with guranteed delivery for tomorrow for the add-on item).

The free super saver delivery on the non-prime account shows just one delivery date, of October. And I have proceeded to order with this account and my order pages show delivery of October.

(Don't want to order with my Prime account due to promotional codes on the account, worried it may confuse the system when I cancel the pre-order.... And I actually think Amazon CS is pretty shoddy contrary to most people. They have often told me information that was later proved to be wrong.
Edited by: "Firefly1" 24th Jul 2015
Pre-order trick only works on Prime accounts unfortunately - you could always activate a months free trial if prime if you don't want to order it on your actual prime account.
Nikkisun

Pre-order trick only works on Prime accounts unfortunately - you could … Pre-order trick only works on Prime accounts unfortunately - you could always activate a months free trial if prime if you don't want to order it on your actual prime account.

Why would you need to use the pre-order trick if you have prime? oO
Peegy

Why would you need to use the pre-order trick if you have prime? oO

Because it is an add-on item that is only dispatched with orders above £20. Having a Prime account does not supersede the requirement of a £20 order.
(And I am thinking the same as you at this point - ridiculous considering you're paying for Prime delivery.)
Edited by: "Firefly1" 24th Jul 2015
stopped working for me. been trying to cancel the preorder item. the addonitem has been delivered tho. will have to live chat them.
as above its stopped working , had to email to cancel item
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions