Does amazon check serial numbers?

Posted 5th Apr
I’m asking as we’ve brought a small tv for the bedroom only a few days ago and now it’s £30 cheaper i tried amazon chat but they don’t refund the difference anymore so we’ve had to re-order the same item can i just send the newer item back via the older order number? and get the refund for the higher purchase price! thanks guys
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Nope, I’ve done this in the past and actually told them so on chat
Just return the old one on the old order. If it's out of the 30 days, talk to chat and they'll still let you return it. Just to be safe
They do list the serial numbers on your order details.....whether they actually check the correspond when you return an item, i dont know
they wont check serial numbers just send the new 1 back if you've setup the old one already.'
jamstaruk197205/04/2020 19:42

they wont check serial numbers just send the new 1 back if you've setup …they wont check serial numbers just send the new 1 back if you've setup the old one already.'

That’s what I was thinking
Amazon will not refund the difference but if you ask they can give you the difference as promotional credit for use towards any item sold and fulfilled by Amazon. I did this a couple of weeks ago.
Edited by: "Love__Bargains" 5th Apr
Would you have contacted amazon if the price had gone up by £30 and paid them £30 extra?

they dont check seriel numbers, however all chats and communication is logged. it will look suspicious on your account buying another and sending one back.

see if they will give you difference in credit.
Haha, they don’t care atall. I sell on amazon and whenever I get a return I dread what’s gonna come back. I’ve had a box full of dirt before. They barely ever even open the box
They’ll soon ban you
They don’t mess about
snoopy1805/04/2020 22:37

They’ll soon ban you They don’t mess about

Ban who?
harvey.atkins05/04/2020 22:08

Haha, they don’t care atall. I sell on amazon and whenever I get a return I …Haha, they don’t care atall. I sell on amazon and whenever I get a return I dread what’s gonna come back. I’ve had a box full of dirt before. They barely ever even open the box

But isnt that expected of a lowly marketplace merchant.
powerbrick05/04/2020 22:55

But isnt that expected of a lowly marketplace merchant.

There return process is the exact same for whoever sells it. They receive a box with a label they scan it and the return is then confirmed as being revived on the system and that’s that. I can then request to have my returns sent back to me after that process.
OURworldhasended05/04/2020 19:40

They do list the serial numbers on your order details.....whether they …They do list the serial numbers on your order details.....whether they actually check the correspond when you return an item, i dont know

Well, they won't care, they're getting an item back.
However it could become a problem if you ever need to do a warrenty claim as you won't have a matching serial number on your invoice to prove the purchase date. You will, of course, have the 2nd invoice, but they'll note that was returned and you won't be able to refer to it when claiming online.

Highly unlikely to be a problem, but just be aware
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions