Groups

Does any one write to companies to get freebies

Hi Guys and Gals

I've been watching a page online called extreme couponing UK (http://www.extremecouponing.co.uk/). Where there has been a lot of successful people write to companies and get freebies for thanking them for their good products.

Has anyone tried this here and been successful?

Top comments

jax619

I used to work for Aviva but I wasn't gonna carry on working for them … I used to work for Aviva but I wasn't gonna carry on working for them after what they said to me.

Oh, ffs....go on then... *rolls eyes*...

thewongwing101

Oh, ffs....go on then... *rolls eyes*...no really deeky sounds … Oh, ffs....go on then... *rolls eyes*...no really deeky sounds fascinating you should have mentioned it before

It's not very interesting. My cameo appearance in Law and Order Criminal Intent is much more interesting, I might tell you about that one day.

Not freebies, but I got £200 knocked off a mattress for s ending them an amusing-ish begging email X)

Marcoos

Did you actually go through with the tattoo??

Nah... chickened out!

They did tell me not to though, wasn't dishonest or anything!
    41 Comments

I used to work for Aviva when they were Norwich union, we used to get letters from people saying things

'like I've been a customer for years and never had a birthday card or anything, a bunch of flowers would be nice'

and so long as what they were requesting want extortionate​ in price they always did it.

I used to get a lot of free stuff from Amazon vendors, but it's dried up quite a bit.
    Tbh though, I'm not that bothered as I've got that much unwanted Chinese tat I just give it away.

It works very well on instagram and youtube if you have a large number of followers, what you ask for is reasonable, and you are willing to directly or indirectly promote that product by uploading a photo/video with/about it. If you're a successful product reviewer you can get a lot of freebies constantly.

I havent tried it myself, but I work in marketing and manage a company's instagram and I've ignored plenty of requests where it will never be worth the companys money giving away a free product to a no body who seems to have just made an account to beg for stuff.

Got a box of protein crunch for free from Weetabix crunch by telling them I couldn't find stock anywhere.

Not freebies, but I got £200 knocked off a mattress for s ending them an amusing-ish begging email X)

you_gotta_be_kidding

I used to work for Aviva when they were Norwich union, we used to get … I used to work for Aviva when they were Norwich union, we used to get letters from people saying things 'like I've been a customer for years and never had a birthday card or anything, a bunch of flowers would be nice'and so long as what they were requesting want extortionate in price they always did it.

I used to work for Aviva but I wasn't gonna carry on working for them after what they said to me.

Original Poster

I haggled my new iphone 7 deal with vodafone after leaving o2, o2 could not match the deal and could not care i was leaving so when i joined vodafone i got 20% off my line rental for the duration of this contract.

jax619

I used to work for Aviva but I wasn't gonna carry on working for them … I used to work for Aviva but I wasn't gonna carry on working for them after what they said to me.

deeky

Not freebies, but I got £200 knocked off a mattress for s ending them an … Not freebies, but I got £200 knocked off a mattress for s ending them an amusing-ish begging email X)

no really deeky sounds fascinating you should have mentioned it before

My granny (R.I.P) got a different birthday card off the queen after writing to complain her cards had the same photo on em for the last 3 years.

thewongwing101

Oh, ffs....go on then... *rolls eyes*...no really deeky sounds … Oh, ffs....go on then... *rolls eyes*...no really deeky sounds fascinating you should have mentioned it before

It's not very interesting. My cameo appearance in Law and Order Criminal Intent is much more interesting, I might tell you about that one day.

deeky

It's not very interesting. My cameo appearance in Law and Order … It's not very interesting. My cameo appearance in Law and Order Criminal Intent is much more interesting, I might tell you about that one day.

X) can't wait

deeky

It's not very interesting. My cameo appearance in Law and Order … It's not very interesting. My cameo appearance in Law and Order Criminal Intent is much more interesting, I might tell you about that one day.

I'm think you've posted your email or copied it in the past one time. I'm sure I remember it being pretty amusing X)

Bure11

I'm think you've posted your email or copied it in the past one time. I'm … I'm think you've posted your email or copied it in the past one time. I'm sure I remember it being pretty amusing X)

Are you sure? I'm usually quite a private person

I have emailed quite a few and had vouchers etc. send a complimentary email or one with a genuine complaint - e.g. I sent gillette and email saying that I like their shaving gel, the button on the can used to squirt loads out and I would waste it, so I now used Wilkinson Sword because the button on their can worked better. so I got a load of gillette vouchers. I also sent a similar email to Wilkinson sword saying theirs was better than gillette and they sent me vouchers too.

make sure you include a postal address on your email as that makes it easier for them to post you something.

try companies with big marketing budgets that are after brand loyalty and sell low ish value consumer goods, like gillette, innocent smoothies, lynx, mr.muscle etc. you never know who may send you what.

I contacted Nandos last year to tell them i was gonna get their chicken logo tattooed on my ass.

I got loads of sauces and stuff in the post, and a £30 meal voucher!

Banned

miikeyblue

I contacted Nandos last year to tell them i was gonna get their chicken … I contacted Nandos last year to tell them i was gonna get their chicken logo tattooed on my ass.I got loads of sauces and stuff in the post, and a £30 meal voucher!

Marcoos

Nah... chickened out!

They did tell me not to though, wasn't dishonest or anything!

Banned

miikeyblue

Nah... chickened out! :DThey did tell me not to though, wasn't dishonest … Nah... chickened out! :DThey did tell me not to though, wasn't dishonest or anything!

I don't blame you

deeky

You're fired X)

jax619

You're fired X):(

Many many moons ago my dad wrote to Burger King complaining about two of their burgers.. for nearly a pound in difference all you got extra was a box instead of paper wrapping and a bit of lettuce... was really good complaint letter too... they sent him vouchers for free food. He posted them back to BK with another very tastefully written but stronger worded letter advising them where they should place the vouchers oO X)
    Edited by: "arcangel111" 15th May

deeky

Not freebies, but I got £200 knocked off a mattress for s ending them an … Not freebies, but I got £200 knocked off a mattress for s ending them an amusing-ish begging email X)

What happened to your old mattress, incontinence?
    Edited by: "airfix" 15th May

Have never written to a company for free stuff, but due to being sent to trade shows and conventions I have picked up a lot of free stuff over the years. The medical conferences used to be awesome for freebies but they changed the rules on gift values so the most recent freebie was I managed to get a van full of cat food/treats for free, due to working at a show where the likes of Purina and Eukanuba had big stands. The local Cat charity was very grateful.

airfix

​I am thinking the straw was past its best.

shadey12

I am thinking the straw was past its best.

I thought this was a thread about getting freebies. Not a 'let's all gang up on deeky' thread

deeky

I thought this was a thread about getting freebies. Not a 'let's all gang … I thought this was a thread about getting freebies. Not a 'let's all gang up on deeky' thread

You can buy plastic mattress liners you know, probably a cheaper option?

airfix

You can buy plastic mattress liners you know, probably a cheaper option?

Bin bags

Ive had loads of vouchers from unilever and P & G .
    If you think their products arent up to scratch then just email them.ive had loads of £5 and £10 vouchers off them

deeky

I thought this was a thread about getting freebies. Not a 'let's all gang … I thought this was a thread about getting freebies. Not a 'let's all gang up on deeky' thread

​not picking on you deeky, just looking back at a simpler time.

deeky

I'll get my coat.

Sod it I'll get my rope X)

deeky

Screw em all I still love ya brother.

You not your brother, you know what I m3an, i dont don't even know if you've got a brother surely there cant be 2 handsome chaps out there

jax619

Screw em all I still love ya brother.You not your brother, you know what … Screw em all I still love ya brother.You not your brother, you know what I m3an, i dont don't even know if you've got a brother surely there cant be 2 handsome chaps out there

?

Error440

?:|

Clueless myself to be honest. Anyway the point of the post was that I still love my brother deeky Ma Mannnnn

deeky

Deeky we just need a thread about you,your charm and wisdom

Anyone had any joy writing begging letters to recent lottery winners?

Rom

Anyone had any joy writing begging letters to recent lottery winners?

I won a fiver last year you can write to me, i look forward to not having to worry about swear filters

Error440

I won a fiver last year you can write to me, i look forward to not having … I won a fiver last year you can write to me, i look forward to not having to worry about swear filters

Can I write aswell

Just need your address

https://media.giphy.com/media/GLbiGvv9qrpny/giphy.gif

I received an email from someone saying they ran a service for amazon sellers,they were a top reviewer and they could help with sales,if I sent them the item for free they would leave a glowing review and as far as I recall, I think also upload a video of the item in use.

The item they requested was £130 oO
    Needless to say they didn't get it ,but people must try that tactic for freebies on amazon

Maybe it would work with a big seller who had loads of stock of a particular item they wanted to shift.
    In my case I only had 2 of them anyhow ,but I guess they just contacted random sellers in the hope someone would fall for it

airfix

Yeah. Sorry again and that Deeky he was so good about it you know. He's such a lovely bloke. He really deserved that 200 quid off a new one.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions