Does anybody else have a brother or sister that is ????

Posted 14th Dec 2019Edited by:"cloudthecat"
Does anybody else have a brother or sister that is a ......................

I only have one sibling . .. .. .. . . but he/she is NINE years older than me . .. .. As you can imagine we didn't go to skool together etc,,, ... BUT...... As we got older .. .. . and (Arguably) more sensible and so on .. .. The relationship got a bit strained - no idea why but ..... He just didnt want to be part of anything .....

Whats worse is that both of us are old enough to know better I just wondered if anyone else has brother or sister issues even though we are old enough to know better??????
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

26 Comments
Put any issues between you aside (even if you yourself have none), make yourself willing to bury the hatchet and say you don't want any issues between yourselves. Turn a blind eye to anything you do not agree with and just keep a relationship, no matter how minimal.
Yes got one of those for a brother has abandoned my mum whom he was living with and scrounging off in her hours of need she is bed bound and he’s left ( not that he was particularly helpful around her ) but now I’m dealing with EVERYTHING
I read this and I wasn't sure what to make of it, probably because several words seem to be missing from it. OP, would you consider going back and filling in the blanks for us (or at least maybe putting in the first letter of each wird so we can have a guess at them)?
Haircut_10014/12/2019 23:56

I read this and I wasn't sure what to make of it, probably because several …I read this and I wasn't sure what to make of it, probably because several words seem to be missing from it. OP, would you consider going back and filling in the blanks for us (or at least maybe putting in the first letter of each wird so we can have a guess at them)?

Seriously?!!?!?!!?

SMDH.............
I have one of each, a brother and sister. Both mercenary (my sister went on catchphrase onTV, and when she didn't win they had to edit out her swearing, though you could lip read it without any effort).

Father died and first I knew of it was a commiserations card from an ex sister in law. My brother and sister also didn't tell me they'd had him cremated. Not a word since before he died and nothing since. They didn't even tell me he was ill.
My father left an estate, my brother was executor. My father always said his estate would be divided four ways - to include admirer brother who moved to Germany then married a Russian woman and then disappeared. I've never heard about the will, I haven't chased it up. I don't think I ever will.

So yes, I have 'family' like that.
I guess what I was / am trying to get to grips with is that as parents we can all "police" our off spring and so on growing up and not geting on with each other all the time.. . ... ... . . .. Been there done that as we all have worn the T Shirt....

BUUUUUUUT!!!

I am just .. .. .old and sad that as we get more (argualbly) educated and older and parents we cant treat our own ,,,,,,, /;( xxxxxx
Edited by: "cloudthecat" 15th Dec 2019
Ringfinger15/12/2019 00:02

I have one of each, a brother and sister. Both mercenary (my sister went …I have one of each, a brother and sister. Both mercenary (my sister went on catchphrase onTV, and when she didn't win they had to edit out her swearing, though you could lip read it without any effort).Father died and first I knew of it was a commiserations card from an ex sister in law. My brother and sister also didn't tell me they'd had him cremated. Not a word since before he died and nothing since. They didn't even tell me he was ill.My father left an estate, my brother was executor. My father always said his estate would be divided four ways - to include admirer brother who moved to Germany then married a Russian woman and then disappeared. I've never heard about the will, I haven't chased it up. I don't think I ever will.So yes, I have 'family' like that.

WOW!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!
Thanks for the ................ Constructive comment........

There are THREE sides ..... YOURS, theirs, and the TRUTH......

But sarcasim and facietiousness are not and wont be part of them.......
My sympathies. A lot of the issues in your posting history occur at this time of year. Have you consulted a Dr. about a SAD diagnosis?
Marseille15/12/2019 00:30

My sympathies. A lot of the issues in your posting history occur at this …My sympathies. A lot of the issues in your posting history occur at this time of year. Have you consulted a Dr. about a SAD diagnosis?

I think its fair to say its a bit deeper then that ....... ..... But...... hey ho! been there done that got the book had the patronising etc xxxx
cloudthecat15/12/2019 00:32

I think its fair to say its a bit deeper then that ....... ..... But...... …I think its fair to say its a bit deeper then that ....... ..... But...... hey ho! been there done that got the book had the patronising etc xxxx

I'm not trivialising your plight, just an observation really. I appreciate you have deeper issues, so won't pry unless you want to address.
Going back to the original question .......

Siblings - discuss.......

(Not divert)
My brother and I don't see eye to eye. I find him difficult, he finds me the same. We are both similar so have either got on very well or not at all. The latter in recent years. We do have an understanding at least, we keep a healthy distance. Sometimes you just have to agree not to get on but neither antagonise the situation.
xenophon15/12/2019 00:42

My brother and I don't see eye to eye. I find him difficult, he finds me …My brother and I don't see eye to eye. I find him difficult, he finds me the same. We are both similar so have either got on very well or not at all. The latter in recent years. We do have an understanding at least, we keep a healthy distance. Sometimes you just have to agree not to get on but neither antagonise the situation.

This.

It's the only way to keep a civil relationship.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the strain between you and your brother. Regarding your father's ashes, has you brother been told in advance by his father what to do with them? Remember he will be grieving too. Last year when my father past away, it brought me and my sister closer, but i could easily see how it can divide families too. Please speak to your brother, as i say he will be grieving too as well as you.
Just to give a different perspective, I have 5 brothers and I am really close to all of them and we get on even better than when we were little. Every time we get together we have a great time and there is no drama. Reading through these comments I'm really grateful on how well the 6 of us get on!
Is this really the right place for this ?
Does anybody else have a brother or sister that is ????

....is what??
RadiantDuck15/12/2019 07:01

Just to give a different perspective, I have 5 brothers and I am really …Just to give a different perspective, I have 5 brothers and I am really close to all of them and we get on even better than when we were little. Every time we get together we have a great time and there is no drama. Reading through these comments I'm really grateful on how well the 6 of us get on!

Similar. We're all very different people, they make choices I don't always agree with and I don't judge them, and visa versa, they live their life, I live mine, and we all come together pretty well.

Saying that though I've seen the other side. My Mum's sisters are abhorrent towards each other. My Mum has a similar mindset to me and my siblings so she let's them do as they want without judgement, but the other two are so bitter and insecure that any kind of relationship is just a constant reminder that the other sister is "better".

My mum remaining neutral after their Mum passed away was the only thing that got them through the funeral, with one refusing to have anything to do with it (that I no doubt believe their story will be now that they wasnt allowed to do anything but was constantly included but turned it into a drama, even on the day) after that they've had no contact with each other, but if it had just been two siblings it just would have been even worse.
Edited by: "Gynx" 15th Dec 2019
splatsplatsplat15/12/2019 07:29

Does anybody else have a brother or sister that is ????....is what??

A proctologist?

A professional lion tamer?

A recently re-elected British Prime Minister named Boris?

A person that thinks Xbox Series X is a good name for a console?

I'm hoping that the OP comes back and let's us know what the correct answer is.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 15th Dec 2019
Let’s not turn HUKD into Facebook
donteatlego12315/12/2019 09:42

Let’s not turn HUKD into Facebook

Errrrr? Where is your "Status?" Pictures and likes and ?

How is HUKD being "changed" into Facebook?

I am sure FB would be interested to know about that......

How how does that work then?

HKUD has been actively MISC ing away longer than Facebook has been around.......

As some of us can recall......
cloudthecat15/12/2019 11:17

Errrrr? Where is your "Status?" Pictures and likes and ? How is HUKD being …Errrrr? Where is your "Status?" Pictures and likes and ? How is HUKD being "changed" into Facebook? I am sure FB would be interested to know about that...... How how does that work then? HKUD has been actively MISC ing away longer than Facebook has been around....... As some of us can recall......

Save your rant for Facebook
donteatlego12315/12/2019 11:19

Save your rant for Facebook

There is no "rant" here thanks.

I dont and wont use Facebook so cant comment on that. Misc has been happilly miscing away for many years - with no issues.

If you cant say anything consturctive .. .. ... .. ..

Refer to the Code of Conduct........
I have siblings, see them all independently, they don't get on. No one cares except my mum but things won't change! She gets stressed out about it but none of the siblings give a hoot. To me it is just families!
splatsplatsplat15/12/2019 07:29

Does anybody else have a brother or sister that is ????....is what??

Homosapian.

It's very prevalent these days, it's so common. Some people think it's a bad word though so some people don't write it as it may get censored.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions