Groups

Does anybody know anybody who is really wasteful?

Banned
    My friend drives me crazy, she goes through hoovers etc... like no tomorrow.

She also doesn't recycling and is always throwing good stuff out.

I'm always giving her things because she is a single mum but a year later she is throwing it all out.

This month she has thrown out a half decent sofa, a hoover, a lawn mower and a set of garden chairs and a table that I gave to her.

The other month she threw out a nice pine desk that I gave to her, I could have found another home for it and last night I rescued the garden set for my dad and brother to enjoy.

48 Comments

next time that you lend/give her something, tell her that if she no longer wants it to let you know, and you'll give it to somebody else who could use it more than her

Well I think you have learned your lesson then, DONT GIVE HER YOUR OLD STUFF!:p

Yes, I'd tell her. If somone is willing to accept freebies from others they should appreciate them and learn the lesson that comes embedded in that gift - i.e. it's good to pass on unwanted goods. Sounds like she has had enough hints - time for the teacher to be a bit more explicit...

Original Poster Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;2100468

Well I think you have learned your lesson then, DONT GIVE HER YOUR OLD … Well I think you have learned your lesson then, DONT GIVE HER YOUR OLD STUFF!:p

I know, it was heartbreaking to see my pine desk go to waste.

It was a good solid desk and I know loads of other people who could have made use of it.

I rescued three chairs and the garden table last night and another chair this morning, minutes before the refuse collectors arrive.

She can be a pain in the a**e at times.

dlm;2100492

I know, it was heartbreaking to see my pine desk go to waste.It was a … I know, it was heartbreaking to see my pine desk go to waste.It was a good solid desk and I know loads of other people who could have made use of it.I rescued three chairs and the garden table last night and another chair this morning, minutes before the refuse collectors arrive.She can be a pain in the a**e at times.

Maybe thats why she's single! lol

ps she could have at least used the desk for fire wood!:p

Original Poster Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;2100521

Maybe thats why she's single! lolps she could have at least used the desk … Maybe thats why she's single! lolps she could have at least used the desk for fire wood!:p

I know she got some money from some insurance company when she was fifty.

She has probably nearly spent it and will be in debt again soon.

I think the trouble is - when people don't actually work for their own stuff, it's like easy come easy go. They haven't had to put the hours in at work get the stuff so doesn't mean anything to them.

Before I upset anyone, can I add that I know isn't the case for everyone but do I do believe it is for quite a few.

I agree with Gavin too - don't give her your sold stuff anymore!

Banned

My neighbours drive me mad. They have one of these 10 foot pools which must takes thousands of gallons. The first sign of the sun and they are out at 5am filling it for 5 hours and each evening they empty it down the drain!

I wouldnt mind so much but I have a water meter and they must use my yearly amount every week!

And they never recycle a thing either. I queried why and they just said they couldnt be bothered.

Banned

dlm;2100492

I know, it was heartbreaking to see my pine desk go to waste.It was a … I know, it was heartbreaking to see my pine desk go to waste.It was a good solid desk and I know loads of other people who could have made use of it.I rescued three chairs and the garden table last night and another chair this morning, minutes before the refuse collectors arrive.She can be a pain in the a**e at times.

Do the refuse collectors really take away old sofas etc? They charge for that service around here.

csiman;2100636

Do the refuse collectors really take away old sofas etc? They charge for … Do the refuse collectors really take away old sofas etc? They charge for that service around here.

You mean you can't fit a sofa in your new wheelie bin?

csiman;2100620

And they never recycle a thing either. I queried why and they just said … And they never recycle a thing either. I queried why and they just said they couldnt be bothered.

It will soon be mandatory - In some places in London they'll go through your rubbish and if you're not recycling they'll give you a good talking to -I think this is a great idea, although i can't think that many people would want that job!

I go to great efforts to recycle whatever I can and i get 'the guilt' if i throw away something that could be taking to the bottle bank. I don't understand these people's mentality

csiman;2100620

My neighbours drive me mad. They have one of these 10 foot pools which … My neighbours drive me mad. They have one of these 10 foot pools which must takes thousands of gallons. The first sign of the sun and they are out at 5am filling it for 5 hours and each evening they empty it down the drain!I wouldnt mind so much but I have a water meter and they must use my yearly amount every week!And they never recycle a thing either. I queried why and they just said they couldnt be bothered.

I have one of those pools but I haven't filled it up for a couple of years. When I do it's one fill up per summer!

I recycle everything I can, in general I think it's a good idea.

BUT, I have to question whether driving to a bottle bank is actually doing any good. Fair enough if it's at a supermarket and you're going there anyway.

We recently got new recycling bins, they're better than the old ones but the fact is we all had some already, so my question is how many times do you need to fill the new one up in order to recycle enough plastic in order to make it in the first place?

Are the old ones going to be recycled? If not then it seems a bit of a waste to me.

Banned

Benjimoron;2100690

I have one of those pools but I haven't filled it up for a couple of … I have one of those pools but I haven't filled it up for a couple of years. When I do it's one fill up per summer!

Makes sense really to do it that way and just put some chlorine(?) in.

I'm half tempted to report them for using probably around 4,000+ litres of water each day just for a pool they go in for half an hour! They leave their sprinkler on all night every night too.

my sister is just like your friend dim - 6 month old sofas thrown out cos she liked this other one - clothes wears them once - most of the time - we are too far away from each other for me to nip round and take them off heri absolutely hate it - if i cant sell it - i find someone who needs/wants it or last ditch i take it council tip - they have a 'shop' there!!

csiman;2100753

Makes sense really to do it that way and just put some chlorine(?) in.I'm … Makes sense really to do it that way and just put some chlorine(?) in.I'm half tempted to report them for using probably around 4,000+ litres of water each day just for a pool they go in for half an hour! They leave their sprinkler on all night every night too.

This is why everyone should be on a water meter. You wouldn't expect to be able to use gas/electricity the same way!

Chlorine and algacide I think to stop it going green.

Leaving the water in all summer means it's warmer too!

Benjimoron;2100721

BUT, I have to question whether driving to a bottle bank is actually … BUT, I have to question whether driving to a bottle bank is actually doing any good. Fair enough if it's at a supermarket and you're going there anyway..

Of course it isn't - that's doing more harm than good. I take my stuff to work with me (we have bins at work) or with me when i go to sainsburys. A couple of times when i've needed to get rid of things i walk down. But there are ALWAYS cars there and you just know they drove down just to recycle - it makes me want to cry!

Original Poster Banned

csiman;2100636

Do the refuse collectors really take away old sofas etc? They charge for … Do the refuse collectors really take away old sofas etc? They charge for that service around here.

Yes it is free, courtesy of Manchester City Council.

They should charge and then maybe she would think twice about it.

There are too many lazy people though, they would probably throw it at the side of the road.

Original Poster Banned

holly100;2100771

my sister is just like your friend dim - 6 month old sofas thrown out cos … my sister is just like your friend dim - 6 month old sofas thrown out cos she liked this other one - clothes wears them once - most of the time - we are too far away from each other for me to nip round and take them off heri absolutely hate it - if i cant sell it - i find someone who needs/wants it or last ditch i take it council tip - they have a 'shop' there!!

She must have more money than sense, are you part of the royal family?

They set a bad example, wear clothes once and have big houses and lots of big banquets.

Banned

Benjimoron;2100781

This is why everyone should be on a water meter. You wouldn't expect to … This is why everyone should be on a water meter. You wouldn't expect to be able to use gas/electricity the same way!Chlorine and algacide I think to stop it going green.Leaving the water in all summer means it's warmer too!

Agreed although those without a meter are subsidising those who do at the moment as they do pay twice as much!

It's just so obvious who has and hasn't got a water meter fitted. My pool tells you I have one fitted lol. Mind you, my water bill is cheaper than it was 10 years ago (£18 per month).

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/100_0780.jpg

Banned

dlm;2100815

Yes it is free, courtesy of Manchester City Council.They should charge … Yes it is free, courtesy of Manchester City Council.They should charge and then maybe she would think twice about it.There are too many lazy people though, they would probably throw it at the side of the road.

Depends where you live. Fly tipping is strictly enforced here so very rare to spot anything chucked on the side of the road. I usually put things on the edge of my drive with a FREE sign on it. The things generally disappear within a day or two.

Original Poster Banned

csiman;2100843

Agreed although those without a meter are subsidising those who do at the … Agreed although those without a meter are subsidising those who do at the moment as they do pay twice as much!It's just so obvious who has and hasn't got a water meter fitted. My pool tells you I have one fitted lol. Mind you, my water bill is cheaper than it was 10 years ago (£18 per month).

You have a nice garden.

I have a water meter which is expensive, I'm gonna get a water green bath water siphon pump to water my plants and wash the car from Nectar they are 5,400 points.

The earth has had so many ice ages...
    I recycle because the wife says so and my son needs the role model...
    Personally i'm sure recycling will not prevent the earths evolution...
    Why waste your time helping someone who clearly doesn't appreciate the help...

Original Poster Banned

csiman;2100868

Depends where you live. Fly tipping is strictly enforced here so very … Depends where you live. Fly tipping is strictly enforced here so very rare to spot anything chucked on the side of the road. I usually put things on the edge of my drive with a FREE sign on it. The things generally disappear within a day or two.

Good idea.

Original Poster Banned

forharry;2100914

The earth has had so many ice ages...I recycle because the wife says so … The earth has had so many ice ages...I recycle because the wife says so and my son needs the role model...Personally i'm sure recycling will not prevent the earths evolution...Why waste your time helping someone who clearly doesn't appreciate the help...

I'm not helping her anymore unless I really have to, It causes too much heartache.

Last month I bought a £300 argos gift card for her on ebay, she hasn't got the internet.

The guy hasn't sent it and has ripped us off and not only me but a disabled lady from down south.

We are £225 down at the moment, we paid by bank transfer, nightmare.

dlm;2100949

I'm not helping her anymore unless I really have to, It causes too much … I'm not helping her anymore unless I really have to, It causes too much heartache.Last month I bought a £300 argos gift card for her on ebay, she hasn't got the internet.The guy hasn't sent it and has ripped us off and not only me but a disabled lady from down south.We are £225 down at the moment, we paid by bank transfer, nightmare.

They do say, there is one born every minute...
    Bank transfer...
    You should give your single mother friend your computer and save loads of money...

Original Poster Banned

forharry;2101015

They do say, there is one born every minute...Bank transfer...You should … They do say, there is one born every minute...Bank transfer...You should give your single mother friend your computer and save loads of money...

She isn't any use on a computer and she doesn't like them because her last fella was chatting to allsorts of women.

She still got pregnant to him though and he left her for her next door neighbour's sister.

What a jerk!

dlm;2101044

She isn't any use on a computer and she doesn't like them because her … She isn't any use on a computer and she doesn't like them because her last fella was chatting to allsorts of women.She still got pregnant to him though and he left her for her next door neighbour's sister.What a jerk!

I'm lost for words!!!

Where is this in breeding taking place?

Yeh I know plenty of people who are wasteful,starting with my partner!

[QUOTE=Mum2Connor&Cerys;2101086]Yeh I know plenty of people who are wasteful,starting with my partner

Then maybe it's time to recycle!!!

Original Poster Banned

forharry;2101079

I'm lost for words!!!Where is this in breeding taking place?

Manchester they are crazy!

dlm;2100842

She must have more money than sense, are you part of the royal … She must have more money than sense, are you part of the royal family?They set a bad example, wear clothes once and have big houses and lots of big banquets.

the royal family wear their clothes for years - i have read there quite mean around their own living quarters!!

sister works hard - not fantastic pay - gets a bank loan every 6 -9 months - really misses me off - no sense of value

benjimoron - you say everyone should be on water meters - i looked into this some months ago - i posted having a moan about water rates
    just not viable with a family - companies will charge the earth
    we are an island - hydro power - if a third world country like nepal can put in place we should!!

Original Poster Banned

holly100;2101105

she works - not fantastic pay - gets a bank loan every 6 -9 months - … she works - not fantastic pay - gets a bank loan every 6 -9 months - really misses me off - no sense of valuebenjimoron - you say everyone should be on water meters - i looked into this some months ago - i posted having a moan about water rates just not viable with a family - companies will charge the earthwe are an island - hydro power - if a third world country like nepal can put in place we should!!

I don't know how your sister sleeps at night, I would be worried about being in debt.

csiman.
    Do you take the rainwater off your roof ? I couldn't make out whether those tubs by your back door are water butts ?

One of the easiest and best ways of saving water costs if you have a meter is to put water butts on all your roof drainpipes.
    With a little bit of imagination you can even set up an automatic watering system for your flower beds, lawn etc.
    Put a filter in and with our summers you might even be able to keep a medium sized pool filled up, lol !

Sorry not meant to be a sermon but it can save you a few quid whilst being a really cheap and effective environmental tool.

dlm;2101104

Manchester they are crazy!

I'm up that way during half term visiting inlaws...

Cornwall this weekend and we did Brighton last weekend...

I love seeing how different people really are...

forharry;2101100

[QUOTE=Mum2Connor&Cerys;2101086]Yeh I know plenty of people who are … [QUOTE=Mum2Connor&Cerys;2101086]Yeh I know plenty of people who are wasteful,starting with my partnerThen maybe it's time to recycle!!!

We do recycle,I mean wasteful as him in wasting cash for things he does not need,and the fact that he could make stuff last longer but he doesn't.
    The fact that he buys for sake of it,its wasteful,when not needed.
    There several other reasons concerning him and waste fullness.

holly100;2101105

the royal family wear their clothes for years - i have read there quite … the royal family wear their clothes for years - i have read there quite mean around their own living quarters!! sister works hard - not fantastic pay - gets a bank loan every 6 -9 months - really misses me off - no sense of valuebenjimoron - you say everyone should be on water meters - i looked into this some months ago - i posted having a moan about water rates just not viable with a family - companies will charge the earthwe are an island - hydro power - if a third world country like nepal can put in place we should!!

Don't go on a water meter if you can help it's so dear.
    I pay about £120-130 each quarter here. I pay 1 bill for waste water and sewerage,and then another to another company for drinking water.
    I don't have a dishwasher,we take showers most of the time,I bath the kids once a wk,due to excema,maybe a little more if needed. We don't fill pools,we don't have a hosepipe,sprinkler.
    I don't even flush the toilet after each pee either.
    My Mum on standing charge,3 bedroomed house,pays about £20 a mth,so over a quarter,thats half what I pay.

Original Poster Banned

forharry;2101197

I'm up that way during half term visiting inlaws...Cornwall this weekend … I'm up that way during half term visiting inlaws...Cornwall this weekend and we did Brighton last weekend...I love seeing how different people really are...

They are nearly as mad as the rangers fans here!

Original Poster Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;2101256

Don't go on a water meter if you can help it's so dear.I pay about … Don't go on a water meter if you can help it's so dear.I pay about £120-130 each quarter here. I pay 1 bill for waste water and sewerage,and then another to another company for drinking water.I don't have a dishwasher,we take showers most of the time,I bath the kids once a wk,due to excema,maybe a little more if needed. We don't fill pools,we don't have a hosepipe,sprinkler.I don't even flush the toilet after each pee either.My Mum on standing charge,3 bedroomed house,pays about £20 a mth,so over a quarter,thats half what I pay.

My dad doesn't have a water meter, he is so lucky.

I don't flush the toilet every time either, probably every other or if I do one.

Don't flush unless you needed to push!

Or "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down."

dlm;2101369

My dad doesn't have a water meter, he is so lucky.I don't flush the … My dad doesn't have a water meter, he is so lucky.I don't flush the toilet every time either, probably every other or if I do one.Don't flush unless you needed to push!

yeh exactly,mind you gotta be careful the toilet don't get blocked with tissue.

My partner's brother,his toilet was blocked a few wks back and I had to go round to try and sort it but was beyond me,he mentally ill at moment ( doubt he ever get better fully ) and cos he doesn't usually get sorted with anything,he had no toilet for about 10 days. His intercom bell not working,I made it clear they needed to call mobile when they were coming round next day,obviously the call centre didn't listen despite me giving over the mobile # the proper info was not passed onto the plumber service and he missed them. So when he did call up,and they took ages to come back round when it should been a 24hr repair.
    Imagine no toilet for 10days,the water was to the brim eww,his bathroom window latch broken,can't open it,it was honking in there after maybe only 4days when I went round to help sort him out. Imagine it another wk later.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …88152
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions