Does anybody know anything about Coin Operated Video Games?

Banned
Hi thinking of purchasing a Coin Operated Video Game for my games room for a bit of fun.

Anybody shed any light on what to avoid or any information.
I know this sounds pretty vague, and i am new to this.
Regards

13 Comments

a real Coin operated machine or would a PC in a Coin op box be ok with something like MAME running on it?

I would go for the MAME option, unless you want a special one that plays a game your never get bored of

Original Poster Banned

Chuckles1001;5745847

a real Coin operated machine or would a PC in a Coin op box be ok with … a real Coin operated machine or would a PC in a Coin op box be ok with something like MAME running on it?I would go for the MAME option, unless you want a special one that plays a game your never get bored of

Can you please elaborate?
I'm looking for a game like the turtles 4 player, house of the dead, time crisis.
Any one of those or more.

barky;5746001

I have one of these-great … I have one of these-great fun.http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=616

No Donkey Kong?
FAIL.

Babbabooey;5746018

No Donkey Kong? FAIL.

track and field tho-thats all that matters to me!

Hamm;5745886

Can you please elaborate?I'm looking for a game like the turtles 4 … Can you please elaborate?I'm looking for a game like the turtles 4 player, house of the dead, time crisis.Any one of those or more.

I would put arcade machines into 3 types (not including tabletop ones)

Standard Arcade machine - Just as you get in an arcade and your stuck with 1 game

Jamma Arcade Machine - Just like a normal arcade machine but with interchangable games you can buy extra games that come like a Motherbaord you swap and replace (They are good but you need somewhere to stoare the games as they are big and delicate and can be expensive)

or a Mame (type) Arcade Machine - looks like a arcade machine (Might be a arcade machine converted into a MAME box or might a hommade box (homemade still looks like a real Machine, people are good at making these) It is basically a PC in a arcade box so you can use the sticks and buttons built in, have '000 on games on it an is very easy to add new games. look at Item number: 170357350655 & 120447428475 on ebay. A lot of people prefer these to other machines but its your prefrence. I have made a few of these also

Does that help? I know you can get MAME arcade machines with 4 sticks on but cant see one on ebay,

Hamm;5745886

Can you please elaborate?I'm looking for a game like the turtles 4 … Can you please elaborate?I'm looking for a game like the turtles 4 player, house of the dead, time crisis.Any one of those or more.

P.S. Here is turtles for the Jamma Arcade machine, Dam you have made me want to crack mine out of starage lol

Original Poster Banned

I'm a little confused as to what you mean
I like this 170357416258

As i used to play it as a kid, so if i bought this providing it works, it would be go?

Plus is this a mame, or just a normal coin operated thingy?
cheers

Original Poster Banned

And also, could i buy this, and fit it to something?

Do a google search for
mame instructions - classicgaming has good info
Google search
mame - mamedev.org latest release
Google search
mame roms - up to you make sure you do a virus scan on them few dodgy sites about

Hamm;5746615

I'm a little confused as to what you meanI like this 170357416258As i … I'm a little confused as to what you meanI like this 170357416258As i used to play it as a kid, so if i bought this providing it works, it would be go?Plus is this a mame, or just a normal coin operated thingy?cheers

I like that too Its not a Mame machine thou, Think about it this way This machine will always only ever be Turtles

a Mame machine will play Turtles and thousands of others

Hamm;5746617

And also, could i buy this, and fit it to something?160347475895

If you see a a Arcade Machine which says its a Jamma, then this can be fitted.

A Mame machine is a basically a PC in a arcade box, so you can put any game you want on it and use the Arcade sticks, buttons and Wheel if you want

Original Poster Banned

Chuckles1001;5749451

I like that too Its not a Mame machine thou, Think about it this way … I like that too Its not a Mame machine thou, Think about it this way This machine will always only ever be Turtlesa Mame machine will play Turtles and thousands of othersIf you see a a Arcade Machine which says its a Jamma, then this can be fitted.A Mame machine is a basically a PC in a arcade box, so you can put any game you want on it and use the Arcade sticks, buttons and Wheel if you want

Oh right okay, i'm not sure what i want, i like the turtles one and always did.
£50 good price atm?

Hamm;5749470

Oh right okay, i'm not sure what i want, i like the turtles one and … Oh right okay, i'm not sure what i want, i like the turtles one and always did.£50 good price atm?

Great price if it finishes for that, i would be surprised if it finished for under £150

Peronsally if you are going to play 4 players a lot get the turtles one, if most of the time your play 2 players get a Mame box, or wait until a 4 player Mame box comes up then you can play it 4 players and play every other game you wanted.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1826
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
    3. Cat Chat76734
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions