Groups
    EXPIRED

Does anybody know anything about Skip Hire / Deals?

Sorry to disappoint, but it isn't me who is being thrown in the Skip JUST yet - but just about everything I do possess IS!

The thing is that as much as we are told to re-cycle and that we should be careful about what we throw away, sometimes, there is nothing you can do... I have a couple of heavy doors, and all sorts of bits that are way too big for my titch car, and the council wont collect any more than 4 large items per annum....

So, I looked into Skip hire - and my .......... That is by no means a cheap solution?!!?

If I hired a van, the blighters aren't allowed in our recycle centre anyway, so that option is out of the window....

I was just wondering if there is any such thing as an online Skip place or if anybody else has managed to find one relatively cheap. From memory, the last one I had to hire cost me well in excess of £130!

I have seen something along the lines of "Don't Skip it - Skip & re-cycle t" Where they come out and take your stuff for you - but don't have its proper name and number...

Just a thought really if anybody has any ideas.....

Fanx everso much you lovely bunch of gorgeous people!

Purrrrrrrrrr

xxxx

4 Comments

A couple of things, freecycle is one, if there is anything that I want to get rid of that some people want, I leave it outside for the morning with a note "please take free" I never have anything left. The other option is to have a "drop skip" it is cheaper basically they have to pay for a license but if you have a skip that "drops it" and you fill it up it is cheaper, they take it away straight away.

we rang round all the local companys and paid £110 for a builders size on our own drive you pay more for it on road side might be worth ringing round local

Original Poster

viper;4948322

A couple of things, freecycle is one, if there is anything that I want to … A couple of things, freecycle is one, if there is anything that I want to get rid of that some people want, I leave it outside for the morning with a note "please take free" I never have anything left. The other option is to have a "drop skip" it is cheaper basically they have to pay for a license but if you have a skip that "drops it" and you fill it up it is cheaper, they take it away straight away.

That is sooo funny about leaving it outside and noting being left!!

Maybe that's what I should do! But - I don't think they would want granny's drawers and doors!

This drop skip sounds interesting and freecycle?

Hmm?

Thanks everso!

Original Poster

SABJ;4948382

we rang round all the local companys and paid £110 for a builders size on … we rang round all the local companys and paid £110 for a builders size on our own drive you pay more for it on road side might be worth ringing round local

That is what I was I was thinking......

Thank you!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help choosing an Android box please.55
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11
      3. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?525
      4. Selling advice56

See more discussions