Groups

Does anybody know how to cut down a mp4 file?

Basically I've ripped part of a dvd onto my computer as a mp4 file but I want to cut some of the beginning off. Anybody know how I can do this for free? I've got the whole chapter but its too long and I don't want it all. If it cant be done this way does anybody know any other ways to do it?
    Thanks

6 Comments

go to download.com and look for MP4 Video editing software on it. Theres usually some freeware ones that have basic functionality for doing the work your looking for.

use audacity

free, dead easy (just select the part of music you want to cut and delete it - alternatively, cut most of it and then fade the rest in very quickly - sometime makes it a bit smoother on the ears)

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;4626956

use audacityfree, dead easy (just select the part of music you want to … use audacityfree, dead easy (just select the part of music you want to cut and delete it - alternatively, cut most of it and then fade the rest in very quickly - sometime makes it a bit smoother on the ears)

Thats for a mp3 though isn't it? I need it for a mp4 file.
    Thanks tho.

beverley1403;4629959

Thats for a mp3 though isn't it? I need it for a mp4 file.Thanks tho.

yes - but what you failed to realise is that yesterday was my allocated "thick day", so i wasn't therefore meant to do anything actually useful like reading what you'd written

what a numpty i am eh?

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;4632755

yes - but what you failed to realise is that yesterday was my allocated … yes - but what you failed to realise is that yesterday was my allocated "thick day", so i wasn't therefore meant to do anything actually useful like reading what you'd writtenwhat a numpty i am eh?

Ha ha I get those days quite often!!!!!!!

i'm almost certain you can split VOB files in virtualdub, but it probably saves as an avi.

afterdawn.com/sof…cfm

EDIT: this video splitter should actually do the trick if you already have it as an mp4

afterdawn.com/sof…cfm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767342
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047131
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2866

See more discussions