Groups

Does anybody live in or know Marden (Kent) well?

Off on another this-day-will-go-wrong trip. This time to find .... of the Kent Air Ambulance Service.

I know where the helicopter is based, and that the whole charity is like based there, so need to work out if:

A) I can walk into their car park and take a nice close up shot of the explorer. (I get nervous when I think people are watching after trying to take a picture of ..... some years ago)

B) Theres a footpath near the base that runs to what looks like a farm building along a football pitch. Not a good idea to be standing there because of downwash, but I would like to know if this is a public footpath or not?

I'll try and show you in my badly annotated map.

19 Comments

Original Poster

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z106/emasu/KAAT.jpg

ooo ur coming down to kent!

Original Poster

Indeed.

Stop at the Royal London Hospital first though.

have fun in kent.if u pass rochester give us a wave

(ur not going down to the famous kent interntional airport at manston..he he :giggle:)

Banned

If GTA is anything to go by you'll get shot. Good luck though.

Have you ever been to the Mid-Wales air ambulance based at Welshpool emasu? There is not alot there and probably not worth a day out but all right if your passing.. It's on a small airport used for the odd light aircraft, helicopter and Lembit Opik..

Original Poster

edna_clouds;3823306

Have you ever been to the Mid-Wales air ambulance based at Welshpool … Have you ever been to the Mid-Wales air ambulance based at Welshpool emasu? There is not alot there and probably not worth a day out but all right if your passing.. It's on a small airport used for the odd light aircraft, helicopter and Lembit Opik..

We're planning to go there soon (we were meant to go during October but changed our minds), by train as it's direct from here with a change at Birmingham.

Wales needs all the money it can get with the BO105's having to be out by the next year end. That's going to be a huge task with the credit crunch and the fact they need 3 new aircraft.

We go anywhere, not matter how big or small lol.

who are 'we'?

Original Poster

me n' my dad lol

magicbeans;3823411

who are 'we'?

Him and his gay lover, Dean.

Ouch burn brb gaviscon.

emasu;3823332

We're planning to go there soon (we were meant to go during October but … We're planning to go there soon (we were meant to go during October but changed our minds), by train as it's direct from here with a change at Birmingham.Wales needs all the money it can get with the BO105's having to be out by the next year end. That's going to be a huge task with the credit crunch and the fact they need 3 new aircraft.We go anywhere, not matter how big or small lol.

My brother in law's sisters husband one of the paramedic on that one and it's surprising how often it is used.. I was up at a place called Llangadfan only a few weeks ago and was first on the seen of a RTA that needed the air ambulance.. I could of had some stunning pictures of it landing in a field next to me but I didn't think it was the right thing to do.. Although some did..
    There is a lot of fund raising and shops supporting this air ambulance service but I know it was only going to be a trial so I suppose like any of them it can be pulled at anytime..
    The one a strensham services is the one that used to come out our way.. I really hope it survives..

Original Poster

Never actually seen an air ambulance at a scene of an accident myself.. seen them delivering patients to A&E but never 'on the job' as it were.

Been to Strensham twice, that's done and dusted. I can't remember if they are moving from Strensham or not as the Great Western Air Ambulance is taking over the main operations in Gloucestershire.

emasu;3823541

Never actually seen an air ambulance at a scene of an accident myself.. … Never actually seen an air ambulance at a scene of an accident myself.. seen them delivering patients to A&E but never 'on the job' as it were.Been to Strensham twice, that's done and dusted. I can't remember if they are moving from Strensham or not as the Great Western Air Ambulance is taking over the main operations in Gloucestershire.

I have a few times.. I've got a picture of one landing and taking off on the A49 near Church Stretton on my phone.. I've never put the pics on my puter to see how the came out..

emasu;3823541

Never actually seen an air ambulance at a scene of an accident myself.. … Never actually seen an air ambulance at a scene of an accident myself.. seen them delivering patients to A&E but never 'on the job' as it were.Been to Strensham twice, that's done and dusted. I can't remember if they are moving from Strensham or not as the Great Western Air Ambulance is taking over the main operations in Gloucestershire.

where they based ??? staverton ??? im in gloucestershire but only seen the air ambulance once :thinking:

Original Poster

faevilangel;3823548

where they based ??? staverton ??? im in gloucestershire but only seen … where they based ??? staverton ??? im in gloucestershire but only seen the air ambulance once :thinking:

The Great Western Air Ambulance is based at Filton

The County Air Ambulance is based at Strensham

;-)

emasu;3823552

The Great Western Air Ambulance is based at FiltonThe County Air … The Great Western Air Ambulance is based at FiltonThe County Air Ambulance is based at Strensham;-)

ah down at bristol :roll: no wonder only seen it once lol

playing rugby, a player got a serious injury (neck i think) and we had to get air ambulance to come and get him cos of the injury :thinking:

Original Poster

Depends how long ago it was.. the GWAA only started in June so if it was before then it was probably the County EC135.

emasu;3823560

Depends how long ago it was.. the GWAA only started in June so if it was … Depends how long ago it was.. the GWAA only started in June so if it was before then it was probably the County EC135.

this is going back 5 years now ....... :w00t: ....... i do see the police helicopter out a lot here :?

Original Poster

faevilangel;3823566

this is going back 5 years now ....... :w00t: ....... i do see the police … this is going back 5 years now ....... :w00t: ....... i do see the police helicopter out a lot here :?

OK then lol.. if it was the Strensham based aircraft that would have been a Bolkow.

Not too comfoting to see your police aircraft at 22:00 driving back from Bristol Airport to our hotel in Portishead. The noise actually scares me. :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764292
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31152
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846196
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917264

See more discussions