Does anybody still download torrents from the World Wide Web ?

58 replies
Found 17th Jan
As above.

Torrent seeker / Kodi Streamer / or rather pay for what you want..

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
58 Comments

Think everybody I know uses Kodi lol

Of course they do..

I do, but only as a last resort. Movies, I'd rather see at the cinema, music, I'd rather stream from Spotify, TV I'd rather stream from Netflix, and software just isn't worth the risk that comes with piracy these days. I'll only torrent if it's that or buy a physical copy.

I used to pirate games when I was younger. Got a job and a beast of the PC for the time. Started paying for games (with steam sales it's hard to care over a few quid). Now I console game, so no need.

Used to pirate movies and tv shows (mainly tv shows), as they air in the USA weeks or months before we get them.

Now I have Kodi, I tend to just catch up on the shows I've missed. But it's not that often I use Kodi, and it's been months to a year that I've pirated a TV show via torrent (last man on earth).

I like to try before I buy. Majority of Pirates are the biggest spenders. Signed up to ALL the streaming services and lovefilm by post and I buy a lot of stuff.

Best example is I dropped £95 for Infinite warfare digital download. What a waste that was!

I have Kodi, free Turkish streams, but what's the best thing to use with Kodi? is it worth subscribing? I torrent, with a proxy

With kodi use wookie... Best add on..

Yep - Software is the fastest depreciating asset you can buy.
E.g Microsoft license key might be £79, once you activate it - it is instantly worthless as you cannot resell it then.

Used to buy all software films and games about 15 years ago. now, unless it is really worth buying (i do reward authors of extremely good games/software and indies) - ill download it every time.

Banned

Niz

Majority of Pirates are the biggest spenders.

Utter nonsense and a ridiculous excuse ''try before you buy'' - YES there are reports piraters are the biggest spenders but that's not factually backed up and if you read more into it they mean the people who share the content are the biggest spenders not the people who download.

Yeah I do. My main use is to download Fight Pass UFC cards despite having a FP account. The account is great for watching live, but the UI is not convenient for watching catch up where I prefer all content on Kodi.

Also I use it for monthly MAME packs, etc.

gadger100

With kodi use wookie... Best add on..

Wookie is a build, not an addon

Anyone got the advisory notice from their isp that are due this month. Talk talk send @ end of month

I use a private torrent that I have been a member of for well over 10 years and its still going strong...

trott3r

Anyone got the advisory notice from their isp that are due this month. … Anyone got the advisory notice from their isp that are due this month. Talk talk send @ end of month

if you download and don't protect yourself you are asking for one of the notices, all ISP are sending them this month.

I got a vpn this month. But before hand unprotected

I used to use torrents to download movies I wanted to watch and keep, but with the rise of showbox and plex (used to have kodi on my phone but too much pron on it so took it off) I have little need for torrents. I've got prime for some shows like the grand tour 11pm every Thursday and other shows and movie streams, go on watchwrestling.uno for wrestling streams every week, and nowadays an excellent website called projectfreetv.us for streams of most shows including TV shows from USA. I stream the football from livesport24 but since the crackdown from the high court regarding illegal streams and torrent sites the site gets iffy but still manages to work well.
Edited by: "hass123" 28th Jan

The odd game, music occasionally but mostly stream.

I use torrents for movies and the odd tv prog, only takes a minute or two to download a film and the torrent site i use has the latest films and all good quality, i do stream the football on a Saturday though.

chocci

Wookie is a build, not an addon

​Yeah that's what I meant..

Kodi or one of the many variants these days. My PC used to be running 24/7, downloading this and that but hasn't been switched on in 2+ years.
Any music I want, I just take from YouTube and convert it.

MrScotchBonnet

Utter nonsense and a ridiculous excuse ''try before you buy'' - YES there … Utter nonsense and a ridiculous excuse ''try before you buy'' - YES there are reports piraters are the biggest spenders but that's not factually backed up and if you read more into it they mean the people who share the content are the biggest spenders not the people who download.

I pirate before buying most games. Also pirate T.V shows that 'should' be on one of my stream services but isn't. I have a premium Netflix subscription, Amazon prime video, stacks of blu-rays, hundreds of games on steam that I will probably never play and Virgin media that I pay about £90 a month for so I would consider myself one of these 'big spenders' could be a one off but I definitely fit the stereotype pirate.

trott3r

Anyone got the advisory notice from their isp that are due this month. … Anyone got the advisory notice from their isp that are due this month. Talk talk send @ end of month

Nothing received from TT and i download various stuff minimum of 50gb a month - when i was with plusnet one month i did 120gb - loads of films

I tend to use Google Play/Spotify/Deezer for music now (depending on which service is offering a 3 month for 99p offer).

For movies and TV, I either use BBC iplayer/netflix most of the time or occasionally Showbox. I've started going to the cinema more often as a new one has opened up not 5 mins from my house and it is well priced (£5 for 2 people using meerkat movies) so I go there typically 2-3x a month. If I'm travelling somewhere and won't have internet then I'll download something to keep me occupied at the journey, otherwise it's not worth the effort.

Why would you admit this on a public forum?

eslick

if you download and don't protect yourself you are asking for one of the … if you download and don't protect yourself you are asking for one of the notices, all ISP are sending them this month.

God save us all from advisory notices, I'm quivering in my boots. (_;)

Rubisco

God save us all from advisory notices, I'm quivering in my boots. (_;)

might be advices now but according to the reports could quickly move on but then, I suspect they will have bigger fish to fry.

*Sloman*

shhh.. i'm updating my database

eslick

might be advices now but according to the reports could quickly move on … might be advices now but according to the reports could quickly move on but then, I suspect they will have bigger fish to fry.

Ive once had a letter from the FBI telling me 'Dinner for Smucks' could get me a Jail Sentence lol... pretty sure the UK is outside of their jurisdiction..

To be fair I go to the cinema a hell of a lot i buy a fair few films too, the industry makes alot of money out of me, im not gogin to feel guilty over streaming a few films a month.

kick_u_in_the_nuts

Nothing received from TT and i download various stuff minimum of 50gb a … Nothing received from TT and i download various stuff minimum of 50gb a month - when i was with plusnet one month i did 120gb - loads of films

Tt start sending end of month

*Sloman*

Safety in numbers

Original Poster

Which mod deleted my comment helping my fellow brothers ?

Come on - own up (_;)

MrScotchBonnet

Utter nonsense and a ridiculous excuse ''try before you buy'' - YES there … Utter nonsense and a ridiculous excuse ''try before you buy'' - YES there are reports piraters are the biggest spenders but that's not factually backed up and if you read more into it they mean the people who share the content are the biggest spenders not the people who download.

Meh, I download things but pay for Sky Sports, Movies and Box Sets, BT Sport, Cineworld Unlimited, Amazon Prime and Deezer. I'd say a spend a fair amount but value having access to everything at any time. Said it once, I'll say it again, make it easier to buy than to find through other means and you can have my money.

Can anyone who uses Kodi regularly get in contact with me on PM? I have some... uh... questions about it

I do, occasionally, but only to watch stuff that gets really bad reviews. Most recent example is Independence Day: Resurgence.

It's utter garbage, quite possibly the worst sequel I've ever watched. I won't be buying it any time soon.

That said, if someone posts a deal for the original film on blu ray, then I may consider buying that (assuming the price is right)

Edited by: "BillySollox" 18th Jan

118luke

Can anyone who uses Kodi regularly get in contact with me on PM? I have … Can anyone who uses Kodi regularly get in contact with me on PM? I have some... uh... questions about it

How regularly would you like them to contact you?

RossD89

How regularly would you like them to contact you?

Very fanpage-esque

trott3r

I got a vpn this month. But before hand unprotected

Yeah, my mum prefers that.

Is kodi available on iOS without a jailbreak yet?

I have sky full subscription. Last night I watched fast and furious 7 on sky which is available to watch via my subscription. So if tonight I need to stream it via my kodi box in my bedroom is that classed as illegal viewing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3169
    2. Free sweet Sunday’s code22
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769365
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380

See more discussions