Expired

Does anyone actually use their landline ?

Found 6th Mar
Just seen a deal for sky unlimited calls on a landline for £2 a month and it got me thinking... does anyone even use landlines anymore? I have a unlimited mobile package and i honestly cant remember the last time i used my landline, i think i rang an 0800 about 2/3 years ago and thats it. i don’t even know my number and neither does anyone else.

Anyone else use their landline?
Community Updates
AskPhones
28 Comments
I never use mine. The phone is not even plugged in all I get is marketing calls or crap about PPI.
I Havnt even got 1 single landline number for friends or family in my phone book!
deleted800342
Only for 0800 numbers
0800 numbers are all free from mobiles now arnt they?
I don't use mine at all. Have to have one for my home wifi but don't even posses a phone to plug one in. Mobile for everything
Only got a landline as its a requirement for the Internet (no cable around here) and just use my mobile. Wish BT had an option where I dont have to pay for landline IF I dont use my it for calls. Never gonna happen I know
Same here. No phone plugged in.
If anybody needs to call me, they call my mobile.
My grandma is the only person who rings on mine. I don’t call out at all as I use my mobile. I only have the line for broadband otherwise wouldn’t have it at all
I don’t use mine either and like many others, only have it for broadband.
Only person who rings is my mother, when she carks it, it will be truly redundant.
No don’t have a phone plugged in at all.
I use mine all the time on weekends and evenings but thats mostly as my reception at home can be a bit iffy.
Got rid of ours three years ago and never missed it, in laws are the same.
Edited by: "eslick" 6th Mar
No more ! Gone are the days of hanging up after 59 minutes and redialling
nope, only 1 friend know my home number
ASongOfFireAndIce57 m ago

No more ! Gone are the days of hanging up after 59 minutes and redialling …No more ! Gone are the days of hanging up after 59 minutes and redialling

Hahah remember doing that well
I use mine, but to only be reminded to check if I have a claim for PPI insurance...
33391195-MriRD.jpg
We use our landline every single day. Why? Because we live in Cornwall where mobile signals are particularly bad but made worse by the fact we live in the middle of nowhere and the barn we live in has 4feet thick walls.

My nearest mobile signal (3 bars of 4G) is about 6 miles away! I can use wifi calling but tbh using the landline is easier.
darthvader666uk15 h, 41 m ago

Only got a landline as its a requirement for the Internet (no cable around …Only got a landline as its a requirement for the Internet (no cable around here) and just use my mobile. Wish BT had an option where I dont have to pay for landline IF I dont use my it for calls. Never gonna happen I know

Your line carries broadband too. Its not just for the phone signal. I wish people could understand this. Openreach aren't going to maintain the lines for free.
Offices do
chocci17 m ago

Your line carries broadband too. Its not just for the phone signal. I wish …Your line carries broadband too. Its not just for the phone signal. I wish people could understand this. Openreach aren't going to maintain the lines for free.

Well yeah duh! It doesnt get to your house magically haha

I just dont use that part of the phone wire as i dont make calls and it feels wasteful not using something you got to pay for. Though I know there isnt much I can do about it, just have to pay it
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 7th Mar
darthvader666uk3 h, 20 m ago

Well yeah duh! It doesnt get to your house magically haha I just dont …Well yeah duh! It doesnt get to your house magically haha I just dont use that part of the phone wire as i dont make calls and it feels wasteful not using something you got to pay for. Though I know there isnt much I can do about it, just have to pay it

So your point about paying for something you dont use is moot. The broadband comes down the landline too lol

BT dont own the line, openreach do hence the charge for the line, not the services that are used on it. They have to pay openreach regardless.
Edited by: "chocci" 7th Mar
chocci12 m ago

So your point about paying for something you dont use is moot. The …So your point about paying for something you dont use is moot. The broadband comes down the landline too lol

Well not really as I may have called it landline but what I was referring to was phone line side of the line, not Internet side SO thats my bad for not explaining myself correctly! Regardless, would be nice not to pay for the Phone line (I call it landline) side as I have no use for it but BT wont change that!
No. I just have a plug in phone for when I have BB problems and they always ask "do you have a dial tone?". Never gets used for anything else. I had to look the number up as I didn't know what it was last time
Edited by: "nougat" 7th Mar
darthvader666uk7th Mar

Well not really as I may have called it landline but what I was referring …Well not really as I may have called it landline but what I was referring to was phone line side of the line, not Internet side SO thats my bad for not explaining myself correctly! Regardless, would be nice not to pay for the Phone line (I call it landline) side as I have no use for it but BT wont change that!

BT dont own the line, openreach do hence the charge for the line, not the services that are used on it. They have to pay openreach regardless.
darthvader666uk12 h, 28 m ago

Well not really as I may have called it landline but what I was referring …Well not really as I may have called it landline but what I was referring to was phone line side of the line, not Internet side SO thats my bad for not explaining myself correctly! Regardless, would be nice not to pay for the Phone line (I call it landline) side as I have no use for it but BT wont change that!

landline.... phoneline....you do know it is one and the same don't you? you are not paying for the phone line, not if you don't make calls, unless you are paying for a "plan" and that you don't have to..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants