Does anyone currently own the new Hisense H65NU8700 or the similar 55 inch version?

Found 21st Sep 2017
Does anyone currently own the new Hisense H65NU8700 or the similar 55 inch version? I'm on the fence about purchasing it, as for the 65 inch version it seems like excellent value, I wonder how it compares to a similarly priced Samsung UHD Certified? Any advice or experience would be greatly appreaciated, thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I've been wondering how the 8700 is. On YouTube there's a damning review of the 9700 from a professional TV calibrator. Have a watch of it as it's most illuminating about not only the 9700 but all of the hisense range. It seems there are significant issues with hisense TV that are endemic to the entire range. Don't be fooled or seduced by the high specs of the 8700 as they don't tell the whole story.
Hi Mark,

I've just purchased the 8700 and can honestly say, from someone who has sent several TV's back over the years, this TV really is outstanding value for money, it is sold out on AO.com and i managed to get it with a slight discount.

I am stunned by both the built quality, sound is the best i've heard from built in (thats with many friends having £3000 OLED tv's etc that they have built in the past 3 months) this TV holds its own to them and you would be hard pushed to notice the difference, the up-scaling is easily as good as Sony's, who i regards as having the best system.

The smart OS is also very easy to use, tbh i have so many smart devices going into the TV, i never use the smart features anyway, the 4K image is amazing, and the HD upscaling is also really good. I would honestly find it hard to find a better value set.

I have also heard very good things about Hisense's customer support, so have no fears of the warranty, and i think this TV will stand the test of time, Hisense are getting better and better. My advice is to take the plunge with a retailer who will accept a return if you are not satisfied, but this set really is something to behold, viewing angles are also excellent, colours pop and the HDR is as good as many OLED and QLED Tv's my friends have.
In the same dilemma. What are the equivalent competitor models to H65NU8700?

I was about to get it's predecessor M7000 last year from JL at 1045, and I didn't. So even a tougher decision now for this one at around 1500 😵
kaushal1014 h, 1 m ago

In the same dilemma. What are the equivalent competitor models to …In the same dilemma. What are the equivalent competitor models to H65NU8700?I was about to get it's predecessor M7000 last year from JL at 1045, and I didn't. So even a tougher decision now for this one at around 1500 😵

Going by the AVF review I'd say Sony XE85, Panasonic DX750, Samsung MU7000. Two out of three of which are cheaper.

At £1500 it's hard to beat the Sony XE90 for picture quality.
EndlessWaves3 m ago

Going by the AVF review I'd say Sony XE85, Panasonic DX750, Samsung …Going by the AVF review I'd say Sony XE85, Panasonic DX750, Samsung MU7000. Two out of three of which are cheaper.At £1500 it's hard to beat the Sony XE90 for picture quality.

I presume by XE90 you mean kd65xe9005. I'm indeed tilting over that one. Hisense is being sold only by 3 stores - AO, JohnLewis & another one. Sony is being sold by 20+ stores, reviewed slightly better by AVF & is at the same price right now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants