Groups

Does anyone else get this problem ...

Sometimes, its happened twice today, when I read a thread and I want to comment - it won't let me. It says I don't have access - I'm confused.

How come I can post on most threads but some I can't - it doesn't state they are restricted.

I was trying to post a comment on the Lord/Baird thread, didn't realise it was all cloak and dagger.

Any ideas?

4 Comments

because they got removed

It was spammed so now only mods/admin can see it.

shame really as now the warning is gone as well.

The sale of British titles is prohibited by the Honours (Prevention of … The sale of British titles is prohibited by the Honours (Prevention of Abuses) Act, 1925, so you can only buy foreign titles (not worth a jolt here) or inherit/ earn one.Inheriting is fairly obvious - Duke Marquess Earl Viscount and Baron (in decending order). The latter four are generally termed "Lord". You can also recieve a life peerage (as made up by the convervative govt of 58) entitling you to be called "The Honourable NAME" or you get a knighthood (Sir) from the Queen or the OBE/MBE suffixs. (Then there are hereditary Sirs... Termed Baronets)You can buy "Lord of the Manor" titles with land but these can't be put on a passport.In conclusion[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#990033]The most important fact that needs to be grasped is that you cannot purchase a genuine British title, with the one exception of the feudal title of a Scottish baron; and you certainly cannot buy a peerage title.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#990033]= Don't bother.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

Ok, thanks for letting me know. If its removed, why can I see it?

Cached version of the page? try ctrl + f5.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions