Does anyone else have problems with Windows 10 "Copy N Paste"

Been using Windows 10 for about 6 months now & I find it's a real pain when I use a wireless MX1000 Logitech mouse.
It's so hard to Copy N Paste something.

Any one else having the same problem or do I need a new mouse ?

16 Comments

Ctrl+c

Ctrl+v

Far quicker than a mouse

It's probably your mouse, not the os, do what chocci says above

Original Poster

chocci

Ctrl+cCtrl+vFar quicker than a mouse

The problem is when I'm trying to highlight a sentence or word.It seems to try & highlight most of the page.
Could be my mouse,but has only started happening when I moved from W7 to W10.

I get that on some websites. Not sure why? Maybe the way the page is coded and the software can't find the start and end points of the text. You could try another Web browser on pc and seeing how you get on.

Original Poster

wayners

I get that on some websites. Not sure why? Maybe the way the page is … I get that on some websites. Not sure why? Maybe the way the page is coded and the software can't find the start and end points of the text. You could try another Web browser on pc and seeing how you get on.

Are you using W10 & Chrome ...........
Happens on all websites.

Looks like is a known bug in the new Microsoft edge browser if your using that. Just been reading about it.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse to make sure it got the correct driver during the upgrade from 7 to 10.
I'm assuming the issue happens in all situations (web browser, games and office applications etc.)
Alternatively try the mouse on another Windows 10 device if possible and see if the same occurs
Edit: There are a number of users who have had this issue on another site they have suggested to try windows update to see if there any pending driver updates for the mouse or wireless adaptor.
Edited by: "samcoop" 8th Aug 2016

Original Poster

samcoop

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse to make sure it got the … Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse to make sure it got the correct driver during the upgrade from 7 to 10.I'm assuming the issue happens in all situations (web browser, games and office applications etc.)Alternatively try the mouse on another Windows 10 device if possible and see if the same occurs

I'm not sure why I never thought of checking for a W10 driver,but it does have a different driver & has been made to use in Chrome.Just tested it & works great now,thanks bud :-)
Edited by: "WheresMeNuts" 8th Aug 2016

I reckon with a bit of tinkering, you could get kodi installed on that mouse.

Original Poster

craigstephens

I reckon with a bit of tinkering, you could get kodi installed on that … I reckon with a bit of tinkering, you could get kodi installed on that mouse.

I've got it on the PC lol.
That thread got pulled yesterday :-/

WheresMeNuts

I've got it on the PC lol.That thread got pulled yesterday :-/

​I know, any idea why?

Original Poster

craigstephens

​I know, any idea why?

I think that some Mods ( a little OTT ) see it as Piracy :-/

WheresMeNuts

I think that some Mods ( a little OTT ) see it as Piracy :-/

​What? Talking about kodi? It's probably the most talked about subject on here. I reckon hukd stands for 'how u kodi do'

Original Poster

craigstephens

​What? Talking about kodi? It's probably the most talked about subject on … ​What? Talking about kodi? It's probably the most talked about subject on here. I reckon hukd stands for 'how u kodi do'

They pulled it.

there is an issue with edge copy and paste taking ages to copy, seems Microsoft know about it but still no fix.

WheresMeNuts

They pulled it.

the hundreds of threads still show when you search and we all know how bad the search function can be on here.

Original Poster

eslick

there is an issue with edge copy and paste taking ages to copy, seems … there is an issue with edge copy and paste taking ages to copy, seems Microsoft know about it but still no fix.the hundreds of threads still show when you search and we all know how bad the search function can be on here.

It was my thread & when I went to reply it had been removed by a Mod.
No one was arguing & it was about asking how to get Kodi on a Smart TV that's not an Android TV.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions