Groups

does anyone else prefer videos to dvds for kids?

the kids dvds just end up ruined all the time with scratches etc,much prefered videos for them

19 Comments

Banned

Copy the dvd's on the pc, that way if they scratch the copy you've still got the original to make another copy of. I do it with loads of dvd's, cd's etc.:thumbsup:

I found my kids were doing exactly the same thing then my youngest would cry when his fave wasn't able to play and I'd have to go out and buy them again, so instead, when I've bought them, I just copy them, put the originals away safely and they get the copies to watch. Then when they've ruined them, I just copy them again. Saved me a fortune doing that :thumbsup:

Not really as every time i put one on it seems to be at the end of the tape and needs rewinding!

how do you copy your dvds? Whenever i try to do it it always says cant do it because of copy-protection

kiwinator;2700229

how do you copy your dvds? Whenever i try to do it it always says cant do … how do you copy your dvds? Whenever i try to do it it always says cant do it because of copy-protection

I use a program called dvd shrink, available for free online.

my children never get it when i say "shall we watch a video" lol
    the youth of today eh!!

Banned

I copy mine to a hdd recorder. They cant scratch that at all.

Banned

Foosball Chum;2700349

I copy mine to a hdd recorder. They cant scratch that at all.

I bet they could if you asked nicely!

Banned

my little guy still watches videos, as i refuse to replace all the disney ones with dvd, as after him then there will be no use for them, anything daughter has she has on dvd, but son not allowed them - lol

Banned

kiwinator;2700229

how do you copy your dvds? Whenever i try to do it it always says cant do … how do you copy your dvds? Whenever i try to do it it always says cant do it because of copy-protection

I use dvd decryptor and dvd2one:thumbsup:

Original Poster

they still have loads of videos but the newer ones are on dvd

never thought about copying them,i have thrown loads in bin,is it easy to do?

Banned

edjaned;2700398

they still have loads of videos but the newer ones are on dvdnever … they still have loads of videos but the newer ones are on dvdnever thought about copying them,i have thrown loads in bin,is it easy to do?

Simple and don't take long, about 1/2 hour per film with the programmes I use, although I can't get the said programmes to run on Vista. Works well on XP though.

Original Poster

good im on xp

when i sell kids i normally ask for DVDs as a trade

Original Poster

AugQX;2700514

when i sell kids i normally ask for DVDs as a trade

u trade your kids for dvds:? how many kids do u sell

edjaned;2700532

u trade your kids for dvds:? how many kids do u sell

depends how many will fit in the batscoop on any particular night

I much prefer VHS for my nephew. Mainly because I can get Disney videos for 25p at the charity shop - and loads of good kids ones. Doesn't matter if he only watches it once for that price.

Poundland has videos 3 for a pound including Boobahs. Also vhs remembers where it was, DVD can't (though my nephew doesn't seem fussed about that)

instead of buying new take them to gamestation and for £2 they clean all the straches off better then paying another £10+ out on disney dvds:thumbsup: xxxx

fiyero;2700895

Poundland has videos 3 for a pound including Boobahs. Also vhs remembers … Poundland has videos 3 for a pound including Boobahs. Also vhs remembers where it was, DVD can't (though my nephew doesn't seem fussed about that)

most DVD players have memory, so you can playback where you left off
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365
      2. What would be HELL to you?1314
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346

See more discussions