Expired

Does anyone else think Martin Lewis is annoying? (Money saving expert)

Found 12th Dec 2013
I find his manner to be extremely irritating and I haven't a clue why?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
34 Comments

I cant stand the man. It actually enrages me that he has made so much money from preaching what people can already do without his assistance.

Yes! Exactly same here!

You can tell he's a ' ' fill in the space yourself
his Gas & elec con is making him a lot of cash

eh, he knows what he is talking about. I'd like him as a buddy that's for sure

Pay IN FULL lol

Funny to watch people turn on him since the MoneySuperMarket deal

Original Poster

stiffnuts

Funny to watch people turn on him since the MoneySuperMarket deal

Eh? what was this then.

He sold the site to ms, people were saying Oh Martin, you're so money supermarket!

Original Poster

Beetlemama

He sold the site to ms, people were saying Oh Martin, you're so money … He sold the site to ms, people were saying Oh Martin, you're so money supermarket!

I genuinely didn't know about that. I was referring to how annoying he is on TV.

£87 million, a nice little bonus!

Banned

Yes i totally understand what you mean.

But that's just a very subjective thing with who irks you

I did until his website.....saved me £152 off my car insurance....quite frankly.....now I'll gladly be his biatch....and he can spank me all he wants. X)

He deserves his £87million for the £110 he saved me !
Edited by: "Chumba_Wumba" 12th Dec 2013

Does anybody get his weekly newsletter? Its full of deals posted on here already. It's a shame HUKD can't get a share of his money.

dunno about him but carol vordamon annoys me in her too tight dresses

He winds me up no end, he just comes across as so patronising. Still he found a market and managed to make a huge profit so fair dibs to him.

Don't forget Martin Lewis is the main reason for all those PPI ads and text messages isn't he? Or is that a reason to thank him ...if you got PPI.

shoysted

He winds me up no end, he just comes across as so patronising. Still he … He winds me up no end, he just comes across as so patronising. Still he found a market and managed to make a huge profit so fair dibs to him.

Yes he is patronising but honestly some people are REALLY thick.

It's a shame but Martin has gone the same way as Dermot O'leary, Vernon Kay etc. They start out as good natured, cheeky, salt 'o' the earth types - then the realisation of how 'popular' they have gotten sets in, goes to their heads and they become cocky and full of themselves. In turn, this becomes obnoxious.

As I say, shame really. I can no longer watch Vernon Kay without wishing I had a sniper rifle handy...X) (Joking, of course!)

flamedeer

I don't have a problem with him, at the end of the day he saw an opportunity and has done well out of exploiting it. He hasn't ripped anyone off (as far as i can gather)

I've just realised one of his minions is probably reading this thread as he nicks all the deals for his newsletter

If it wasn't for Martin Lewis banging on about PPI I wouldn't of received over two thousand pounds compensation for a loan I took out over 20 years ago.and it only cost me a price of a stamp.

Yeah, I find him reasonably annoying but he has done some good work.

I was irked that he made his company 'unlimited' so that he didn't have to file publicly searchable accounts - that's a very uncommon move. He obviously had something to hide!!
I wasn't too happy that he sold out (moneysupermarket of all companies!! didn't they represent the corporate opposite of his grass roots (astroturf?) movement?) but at least he gave a few quid to charity so can't knock him for that.

Martin lewis is the reason i went on moneysavingexpert downloaded his template to claim back my PPI and got me £5500. He has also saved my more money on bank charges and remortgage. but yes he is annoying

Patronising to the point of being arrogant.

Just like this site, others did all the donkey work for him.

Always got a smug look on his face !!

his indian side kick is annoying too.

We won't be saying how wonderful he is when the banks are making us all pay for our current accounts to recoup money paid out for PPI claims. That's the problem they get their money somehow.

Don't hate the guy for trying to do you all a favour and save you money.

fuhu78888

his indian side kick is annoying too.

i would!!!!

kalamist

Don't hate the guy for trying to do you all a favour and save you money.

Yeah but that's the point. He isn't doing EVERYONE. a favour. Every action has consequences.

redhot999

Yeah but that's the point. He isn't doing EVERYONE. a favour. Every … Yeah but that's the point. He isn't doing EVERYONE. a favour. Every action has consequences.

You sound like Yoda... next thing you'll be saying he's on the dark side.

redhot999

Yeah but that's the point. He isn't doing EVERYONE. a favour. Every … Yeah but that's the point. He isn't doing EVERYONE. a favour. Every action has consequences.

He's doing a lot more than the dude at number 10.... all he seems to do is take take take
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants