Does anyone find vitamins make any diffrence to there mood/energy?

Posted 14th Sep
My opinion is no, I can't imagine seeing any change of my mood or energy if I started taking xyz, wheras so many people take them everyday and swear by them.

intrested to hear anyone who does use them to see if they generally feel they feel bad if they stop using them?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
AMaky14/09/2019 16:21

Unless you have a low immunity or recovering from an illness or are ill, …Unless you have a low immunity or recovering from an illness or are ill, there is no need to take any vitamins or supplements. And in high doses, some van be dangerous.So stick to a good diet instead. And plenty of sunshine.

I have a bad diet and live in Wales
36 Comments
I suffered with cramp in my legs, almost every night.
Was on 300mg quinine sulphate a day.
Due to a change in medication I had to stop taking it.
The Doctor advised multivitamin and minerals to help.
I have had a couple of twinges but no attacks in the night.

I now take a tesco branded multivitamin and mineral every day and feel good.
Im still a grumpy old Git not much help there.
Edited by: "bigwheels" 14th Sep
I just started, haven't noticed anything yet.
I know they help me with a hangover
Unless you have a low immunity or recovering from an illness or are ill, there is no need to take any vitamins or supplements.

And in high doses, some van be dangerous.

So stick to a good diet instead. And plenty of sunshine.
AMaky14/09/2019 16:21

Unless you have a low immunity or recovering from an illness or are ill, …Unless you have a low immunity or recovering from an illness or are ill, there is no need to take any vitamins or supplements. And in high doses, some van be dangerous.So stick to a good diet instead. And plenty of sunshine.

chimp14uk14/09/2019 16:23

Wales has plenty of sea air and forests.
and change your diet.
I took boots multi vitamins that you dissolve in water which turned my pee orange. Not sure if that's a positive though.
Nope..just expensive wee if you are getting vitamins from a good diet.
chimp14uk14/09/2019 16:26

Comment deleted

i visit trecco bay and talacre and plenty of it there 🌞
i take lysine supplements and it protects me from getting or developing cold sores. usually have it once every fortnight but if i notice tingling on my lip i'll take it.

i stopped taking omega 3 fish oils, magnesium, iron and vitamin d because i wanted to see if it would affect my mood or energy but honestly i have no idea sometimes i see it as a placebo othertimes i feel like it's actually helping e.g magnesium and omega 3 are good if you have anxiety and i can only say perhaps they help me, i don't know because i've been able to control my anxiety naturally.

i know some doctors say it's all a scam
Exercise and avoid junk food instead
Damned if I know
Vitamins do good to your body but you rarely notice
chimp14uk14/09/2019 16:23

Beef wellington has all the vitamins and minerals you need.
I don't take any kind of all-in-one multivitamin. I take a mix of minerals and vitamins.

Magnesium (can heal with cramps and headaches)
Vitamin C (immune system)
Zinc (immune system/cell health)
Calcium (Bone/Muscle)

I haven't had a cold or flu since November 2010.
Edited by: "guru404" 14th Sep
And I thought I was the only one that felt that way!
Kinda read back on OP's post about mood. Not tried them myself but apparently these are good for mood/stress:

Passion Flower
hollandandbarrett.com/sho…296

Siberian Ginseng
hollandandbarrett.com/sho…171

Might be worth looking at B12 for energy levels.

However, the problem is, you will never know how much dosage of any of it you will need to make a difference.
Edited by: "guru404" 14th Sep
guru40414/09/2019 18:17

Kinda read back on OP's post about mood. Not tried them myself but …Kinda read back on OP's post about mood. Not tried them myself but apparently these are good for mood/stress:Passion Flowerhttps://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-stress-relief-passionflower-tablets-425mg-60035296?skuid=035296Siberian Ginsenghttps://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-siberian-ginseng-tablets-500mg-60003171Might be worth looking at B12 for energy levels.However, the problem is, you will never know how much dosage of any of it you will need to make a difference.

Snake oil, like most of h&b products.
Absorption from tablets is generally quite low, usually less than 10%. Look for liquid/liposomal options
You need to take iron if your are feeling tired and need more energy. I have been taking feroglobin iron tablets for years and feel that they help. If I ever run out I start feeling a lot more sluggish.

They cost £10 for 3 months supply, general multivitamins can be bought for about £1 a month so I would hardly call it expensive pee, expensive pee in my opinion is anyone spending more than a few quid in a bottle of wine/whiskey.
My doc once told me that vitamins have no proven benefit. Advised me instead to use manuka honey, which he claims is proven. This was when I was always ill with common colds. My friend also advised me to get a certain vitamin as it helped him a lot. So I did both.

Bought a good graded manuka honey and I bought vit c with zinc vitamins, the orange tube from tesco that dissolves in water. Initially the vitamins gave me a lot of phlegm for 10/15 mins after drinking it, but my friend told me it will go away, which it did after a few weeks.

I've genuinely not been ill in 3 years now. Im not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing though, and not sure if the manuka and vitamins played a part or if its just a coincidence.

Not sure if it helps with mood, but its worth a try I guess. Think the manuka would be less effective with mood compared to vit c tabs.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 15th Sep
Darkhorse1314/09/2019 16:06

I know they help me with a hangover

What do? Multivitamin ?
Edited by: "snoopy18" 15th Sep
I take zma great for sleep problems....
snoopy1815/09/2019 02:18

I take zma great for sleep problems....

ZMA side effectsZinc: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, stomach cramps, copper deficiency, headaches, dizziness, nutrient deficiencies, and reduced immune function
thomasleep15/09/2019 03:03

ZMA side effectsZinc: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, …ZMA side effectsZinc: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, stomach cramps, copper deficiency, headaches, dizziness, nutrient deficiencies, and reduced immune function

Personal experience or google?
I have none of them symptoms and my comment was tongue in cheek
I find them great
Edited by: "snoopy18" 15th Sep
I just take the everyday value tesco multi vitamins and cod liver oil which works out about 3p per day. Haven't had a cold in over 5 years but this might be down to luck obviously
thomasleep15/09/2019 03:01

Comment deleted

Ahhh good melatonin..got some of that from Philippines when I went.. .does make you tired ..
jat247414/09/2019 21:58

You need to take iron if your are feeling tired and need more energy. I …You need to take iron if your are feeling tired and need more energy. I have been taking feroglobin iron tablets for years and feel that they help. If I ever run out I start feeling a lot more sluggish.They cost £10 for 3 months supply, general multivitamins can be bought for about £1 a month so I would hardly call it expensive pee, expensive pee in my opinion is anyone spending more than a few quid in a bottle of wine/whiskey.

Not feeling tired just curious about the market, seeing people like Arnold schernigger swear my vitamins makes you question it he really stupid or just getting paid crap tonnes to advertise the industry
J4GG415/09/2019 01:20

My doc once told me that vitamins have no proven benefit. Advised me …My doc once told me that vitamins have no proven benefit. Advised me instead to use manuka honey, which he claims is proven. This was when I was always ill with common colds. My friend also advised me to get a certain vitamin as it helped him a lot. So I did both.Bought a good graded manuka honey and I bought vit c with zinc vitamins, the orange tube from tesco that dissolves in water. Initially the vitamins gave me a lot of phlegm for 10/15 mins after drinking it, but my friend told me it will go away, which it did after a few weeks.I've genuinely not been ill in 3 years now. Im not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing though, and not sure if the manuka and vitamins played a part or if its just a coincidence.Not sure if it helps with mood, but its worth a try I guess. Think the manuka would be less effective with mood compared to vit c tabs.

Also hear manukw is fooddooo nonsense too! As high on the conspiracy list
I take Florodix when I’m starting to feel tired and run down, the liquid iron and multivitamin one. A bottle lasts about a month (have to bin after this if you don’t use it) and I notice the difference quite quickly. I usually use this a couple of times a year but don’t need it all year round.
Been taking multivitamins for 20+ years. First centrum and then Multibionta everyday.

Poor diet.. when you hardly eat any fruits or vegetables. No idea if it helps with the mood
as I use music to lift me and use it to give me more energy.. as it does get me moving.

38465058-VJJss.jpg
Gumbon15/09/2019 08:09

Not feeling tired just curious about the market, seeing people like Arnold …Not feeling tired just curious about the market, seeing people like Arnold schernigger swear my vitamins makes you question it he really stupid or just getting paid crap tonnes to advertise the industry

Talking of Mr Schwarzenegger's physique & diet...

[ hotukdeals.com/com…211 ]
Gumbon15/09/2019 08:11

Also hear manukw is fooddooo nonsense too! As high on the conspiracy list

You've probably heard it from conspiracy theorists on here. Theres been quite a lot of research into manuka and it has been proven to have beneficial ingredients in it. Not just for burns victims, which is what hospitals in new zealand use it for.
snoopy1815/09/2019 02:13

What do? Multivitamin ?

Well berocca work well and can be bought from supermarkets. I prefer the electrolyte ones from bulk powders online. They are meant to put back into your body what exercise takes away. I find these work quicker for me. I always have these to hand!
jat247414/09/2019 21:58

You need to take iron if your are feeling tired and need more energy. I …You need to take iron if your are feeling tired and need more energy. I have been taking feroglobin iron tablets for years and feel that they help. If I ever run out I start feeling a lot more sluggish.They cost £10 for 3 months supply, general multivitamins can be bought for about £1 a month so I would hardly call it expensive pee, expensive pee in my opinion is anyone spending more than a few quid in a bottle of wine/whiskey.

Be damn careful a sizable amount of the population have or carry the gene for HFE (Hereditary haemochromatosis).
The effects don't become noticeable until later in life, but they are damn nasty, pretty much irreversible and easy overlooked by doctors as it effects most of the organs.
I believe HTP is a good mood enhancer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants