Does Anyone Get These Emails Which Refer To Your "Hotukdealz" Membership, Asking You To Post On Their Behalf?

Found 15th Oct 2017Edited by:"louiselouise"
Curious to know if anyone else gets emails like this? I actually got another email the other day referring to "hotdealzuk" (or something similar, also mis-spelt), which made me raise an eyebrow, but I deleted it without reading.

Where are these coming from?

Dear friend,

Glad to know you from hotukdealz:D

According to our research, you are the most popular sensation on hotukdealz.

And we believe that you have a great influence on it.

Our company just starts but our selling performance in amazon is fine.

We aim to provide our customers with high-quality products and sincere service.

But we also know that in the increasingly competitive market situation,

Only good products and service are not enough for us to enter into a wider market.

And the market potential that dealz can bring to us is great and invaluable.

Therefore, we are here to invite you to cooperate with us.

And we would like to know if you have any interests in helping us to release my products’ deal?

We have,adjustable knee brace, chest expander, protective gear for kids, ab roller, which just list in Amazon this summer and are well received by customers on Amazon.

If you agree, I will create a new deal for them.

And please do not hesitate to tell us how you charge for that.

Besides, we promise you no less than 500 “hochvoten”.

Looking forward to your reply

And hope we can have a long-term cooperation:)

Sincerely

No idea what "hochvoten" is, but it sounds like a danish pastry or something
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments
Threads do pop up from time to time about this.

I assume that your email address is your username @hotmail, @outlook, @gmail, @yahoo, etc ?¿

If it is it might be time to ask Admin to change your HUKD username for you.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 15th Oct 2017
Oh and 'hochvoten' is Denglish for 'up votes'.

I have to laugh every time I hear staff aboard a Lufthansa flight tell everyone, in English, to 'please turn off your handys'. Handy is Denglish for mobile phone.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 15th Oct 2017
We get them all the time on reddit too.
SUMMONER3 h, 46 m ago

Oh and 'hochvoten' is Denglish for 'up votes'.I have to laugh every time I …Oh and 'hochvoten' is Denglish for 'up votes'.I have to laugh every time I hear staff aboard a Lufthansa flight tell everyone, in English, to 'please turn off your handys'. Handy is Denglish for mobile phone.

SUMMONER4 h, 2 m ago

it might be time to ask Admin to change your HUKD username for you.

No need to ask admin. You can do it yourself via your account settings.
RossD8910 m ago

No need to ask admin. You can do it yourself via your account settings.

Oh cool, is that new!? Not noticed the option in there before.
Original Poster
SUMMONER4 h, 57 m ago

Threads do pop up from time to time about this.I assume that your email …Threads do pop up from time to time about this.I assume that your email address is your username @hotmail, @outlook, @gmail, @yahoo, etc ?¿If it is it might be time to ask Admin to change your HUKD username for you.

Nope, my email address isn't anything like my HUKD username.
Yup, I've had 5 of them in the past few months (not that one though). Since Amazon stopped the reviewers in return for discount/free goods sellers have been targeting the likes of HUKD or other Social media platforms. What I found funny was one of mine where for power banks, I did some digging around about the email address and traced it from reddit posts to a certain supplier on Amazon. In the next week or so funnily enough few people started posting "deals" for the same sellers powerbanks. Now I've spotted a few of these "deals" and reported them, mostly they get taken down but lately one was from been a deal "editor" which still remains up and always posting deals from the same seller on Amazon along with discount codes which are not listed on Amazon. The discount code part is normally a point in the direction that is a fake deal and the poster is getting something back for it (the discount code being key for them to check how many they have sold from using x platform). Another way normally of telling these fake deals is looking at the posters history, with the power bank example the posters I noticed always where never posting tech deals then all of a sudden powerbank deal or anything from Amazon or why would someone be posting like 6 dashcam deals within a few months all from same supplier on Amazon. Each time I have forwarded the emails onto HUKD.
PS, they gussed my email address from my username although it's actually an account I only use for signing upto sites and spam lol.

Edit2: Here's the seller, lets watch and see if suddenly "deals start appearing".
amazon.co.uk/sp?…ID=
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 15th Oct 2017
Original Poster
That's the thing, I would think "well, I asked for that" if I publicly posted my email address anywhere or if I was silly enough to have an easy to guess username. I don't. I think (some) women are especially careful about doing this.

I have had contact with HUKD Admin in the past weeks (via the Contact Form) - that's the only Hotukdeals correspondence I've had that would link my email address to Hotukdeals (their replies go into the email Inbox but I don't quote my email address to them, either).

*Though looking at my Inbox, I did reply to the Moderator Team via my email address at one point.

That email address is, obviously, linked to this Hotukdeals account and has been for years - yet I've only started getting these requests over the last few days.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 15th Oct 2017
louiselouise38 m ago

That's the thing, I would think "well, I asked for that" if I publicly …That's the thing, I would think "well, I asked for that" if I publicly posted my email address anywhere or if I was silly enough to have an easy to guess username. I don't. I think (some) women are especially careful about doing this.I have had contact with HUKD Admin in the past weeks (via the Contact Form) - that's the only Hotukdeals correspondence I've had that would link my email address to Hotukdeals (their replies go into the email Inbox but I don't quote my email address to them, either).*Though looking at my Inbox, I did reply to the Moderator Team via my email address at one point.That email address is, obviously, linked to this Hotukdeals account and has been for years - yet I've only started getting these requests over the last few days.

Have you reported this to the mods yet Louise? At first myself I thought the same until I noticed in the address field they had four address's which where all different versions of guessing my email from my username. Mine started (just checked the dates) 7th October 2016 (yes last year not a typo!). This could be serious in the sense that your email can't be guessed from username, HUKD Privacy policy states they don't share information, so maybe a data breach?
I never contacted mods before starting to get these emails ever so guess we could rule that part out possibly.
Original Poster
No, I haven't reported it. I'm going out soon, but I'll hit Report and leave a note asking the Mods to look at this thread.

From looking at the email again, the addressee they've sent to only states the email address details before the, eg, @gmail.com. No idea where they've got it from!

Thanks for trying to help
Supermod
Hey Just taking a look at this.

We've had a couple of reports of this and they follow the same pattern. Best thing to do is report it to us by email and we'll take a look in to the seller(s) and they'll be banned/suspended.

If you've concerns about the email, it will be guess work by them. If you've got email redirects etc obviously that might be confusing too. You can change your registered email address whenever you like and also your username.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention
Original Poster
Okay, forwarded on the offending email. Not sure how they got my email address but maybe I should change my HUKD details.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants