does anyone have....

an egg incubator
we have just got a chicken house and i need an incubator to cook the chicks
i looked at the prices to buy one and though sod that so i thought id just ask if anyone on here who lives close to me (newbury berks) has one that i can borrow for the duration of chick cooking.
i can leave a deposit of cash or one of my children if needed

cheers in advance

14 Comments

Banned

(in G. Ramsey voice) Pan.... 3 minutes.... done

Original Poster

thanks gordon

Have you tried any local small pet farms - that kind of thing? We borrowed one from a local small animal pet place last year (but a long way from you!). Just thought others may do this......

if you're looking to cook the eggs, i suggest a pan of boiling water with some vinegar in it. swirl the water around, crack the egg gently into the water. 30 secs to 1 minute later, lovely poached eggs!

Original Poster

oh the hilarity

ask in freecycle?

..This is gonna sound really stupid... so stick with me...

I take it you have got a cockerel ?

I have kept chickens for years and you wouldn't believe how many people think that Hens on their own produce chicks...

Back to what you need.. try Flea-bay usually plenty on there.

Or if you have a broody hen use her.

Original Poster

Celticsun;2234477

..This is gonna sound really stupid... so stick with me...I take it you … ..This is gonna sound really stupid... so stick with me...I take it you have got a cockerel ?I have kept chickens for years and you wouldn't believe how many people think that Hens on their own produce chicks...Back to what you need.. try Flea-bay usually plenty on there.Or if you have a broody hen use her.

no offence :-D
i know i need a cockerel and a hen to make baby chicks :-D
but you see the problem is i have neither we are just starting out and i just need an incubator to hatch some fertile eggs
and because we only really want 2 i dont want to spend £100 plus on buying one so i thoought id ask if anyone had one i could borrow and return ;-)
:thumbsup:

but thanks anyway for the biology lesson heheheehehe

Original Poster

bump

nearby vets's or zoo that could help or advise?

or RSPCA?

Banned

J9STL;2235455

nearby vets's or zoo that could help or advise?or RSPCA?

Boiling chicks alive would certainly interest the RSPCA though I think the RSPB might be more help :thumbsup:

Tarby25;2236285

we have just got a chicken house and i need an incubator to cook the … we have just got a chicken house and i need an incubator to cook the chicks

Tarby25;2234569

no offence :-Di know i need a cockerel and a hen to make baby chicks … no offence :-Di know i need a cockerel and a hen to make baby chicks :-Dbut you see the problem is i have neither we are just starting out and i just need an incubator to hatch some fertile eggsand because we only really want 2 i dont want to spend £100 plus on buying one so i thoought id ask if anyone had one i could borrow and return ;-):thumbsup:but thanks anyway for the biology lesson heheheehehe

hehe gotta check these things.. no offence intended :oops:

You looking at Bantys or full size birds?

Pets or Livestock?

Look up 'novital egg incubator' on flea-bay you can get 6 and 12 egg incubators, they aren't fully auto you have to turn them twice a day but they are good starter kits

My mum made one using a well insulated box and energy saving lamp - not sure if it worked in the end though or not. Best thing is to borrow a broody hen to sit on them!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861847
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764107
    3. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam56
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?1332

See more discussions