Groups

does anyone have a CCNA qualification?

would just like to speak about it to sumone with knowledge and experience in this field
    so pm or summat

13 Comments

CCNA? Wot.....a Cant Cook Never Ask qualification.......yeah every female has one of those....:lol:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6345263

CCNA? Wot.....a Cant Cook Never Ask qualification.......yeah every female … CCNA? Wot.....a Cant Cook Never Ask qualification.......yeah every female has one of those....:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Banned

I do, are you working towards it now?

Mine has lapsed, need to re certify when I get time :oops:

Banned

Paul1234;6345744

Mine has lapsed, need to re certify when I get time :oops:

Just push torwards a CCIE, you won't need to do them again!

Original Poster

master_chief;6345698

I do, are you working towards it now?

i am thinking of going to do 1
    how did u get yours, through college?
    i see these fast track 5 week courses online etc
    are these worth doing or just bogus?
    thanks

master_chief;6345756

Just push torwards a CCIE, you won't need to do them again!

Theres the inbetween qualifications now between ccna and ccnp think its wireless, security and something else i cant remember. Dont work specifically in networking but its useful to know from a solutions perspective

Banned

muffin247;6345760

i am thinking of going to do 1how did u get yours, through college?i see … i am thinking of going to do 1how did u get yours, through college?i see these fast track 5 week courses online etcare these worth doing or just bogus?thanks

I did mine at college where they have a Cisco Academy. Mine was a fully funded full time course for one year, we did some MCPs too.

I wouldn't touch an online course if I was you, if you're going to self study then do it yourself. You can download all the material to do it from the usual dodgy places or you can purchase the books. I would recommend the CBT Nugget videos in conjunction with the Cisco Press books and the Transcender test exams. You will need to download GSN3 and some IOSes to simulate the practical labs.

If you can actually go somewhere to do it then I would recommend that over self study. To get on the actual kit is invaluable and to be able to ask questions to the tutor is hugely helpful.

I will say if you have never done any sort of networking before it is very difficult, there's a sharp learning curve and dozens of acronyms to remember. I'm working my way through my CCNP now and I'm finding it easier than the CCNA!

Banned

Paul1234;6345800

Theres the inbetween qualifications now between ccna and ccnp think its … Theres the inbetween qualifications now between ccna and ccnp think its wireless, security and something else i cant remember. Dont work specifically in networking but its useful to know from a solutions perspective

You can go CCNA - CCNP - CCIE I believe, once you're CCIE you don't ned to recertify like when you're just CCNA or CCNP.

Original Poster

master_chief;6345865

I did mine at college where they have a Cisco Academy. Mine was a fully … I did mine at college where they have a Cisco Academy. Mine was a fully funded full time course for one year, we did some MCPs too.I wouldn't touch an online course if I was you, if you're going to self study then do it yourself. You can download all the material to do it from the usual dodgy places or you can purchase the books. I would recommend the CBT Nugget videos in conjunction with the Cisco Press books and the Transcender test exams. You will need to download GSN3 and some IOSes to simulate the practical labs.If you can actually go somewhere to do it then I would recommend that over self study. To get on the actual kit is invaluable and to be able to ask questions to the tutor is hugely helpful.I will say if you have never done any sort of networking before it is very difficult, there's a sharp learning curve and dozens of acronyms to remember. I'm working my way through my CCNP now and I'm finding it easier than the CCNA!

how many days do u actually go college? would u say ccna is a good stepping stone in the world of I.T?

Banned

muffin247;6345975

how many days do u actually go college? would u say ccna is a good … how many days do u actually go college? would u say ccna is a good stepping stone in the world of I.T?

It was three days.

If you did a fast track course somewhere you could do it in five days but you'd pay over a grand to do it.

It got me my first job while I was studying for it but I was fortunate. Out of the 25 people on my course I'd say less than 10 of them got jobs immediately after the course so it's not a guarantee of job by a long shot. You'd still enter an IT job at the most junior level.

The CCNA gives you no real practical experience, you couldn't really apply anything you learn into a business but it shows you have the ability to learn a difficult skill and are computer literate.

Original Poster

master_chief;6346035

It was three days. If you did a fast track course somewhere you could do … It was three days. If you did a fast track course somewhere you could do it in five days but you'd pay over a grand to do it.It got me my first job while I was studying for it but I was fortunate. Out of the 25 people on my course I'd say less than 10 of them got jobs immediately after the course so it's not a guarantee of job by a long shot. You'd still enter an IT job at the most junior level.The CCNA gives you no real practical experience, you couldn't really apply anything you learn into a business but it shows you have the ability to learn a difficult skill and are computer literate.

is that possible though? how can u cram a year of learning in 5 days?

Banned

muffin247;6346078

is that possible though? how can u cram a year of learning in 5 days?

Most of these qualifications are done in this way, your employer would send you on them. You would usually have a little experience on the subject before you go. They're very intensive!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?14
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534

See more discussions