Groups

Does anyone have a Diesel BMW ??

I have just test drove a Diesel BMW TD

Now when i accelerated there was like a ticktickticktick noise

is this normal for a diesel as i have never owned a diesel before ??

thanks

20 Comments

Banned

we have 5 series diesel BM`s for work and apart from being rather quick they dont make any strange noises apart from the two tones and the barking police dog in the back

Original Poster

ah right, so there must be something up with the car then do you think

Banned

saxo_appeal;3213358

ah right, so there must be something up with the car then do you think

yup or was it the girlfriend tutting at you for driving far too fast:w00t:

Original Poster

lol

i knew there was something up with it, iv phoned them up to cancel the agreement, just said i wa away to get paid off lol

We have a BMW 7 series and when it switched on there is a little tick tick but just dieseal

Banned

strike;3213448

We have a BMW 7 series and when it switched on there is a little tick … We have a BMW 7 series and when it switched on there is a little tick tick but just dieseal

yes on tick over , but not when he has his for down and driving should be quiet, I can say I am impressed with the 5 series at high speed very quick and stable

You people love fining my brother

Banned

strike;3213502

You people love fining my brother

correct :thumbsup:...
    and less of the " you people":x

The ex has a 3 series diesel and there's no tick tick noise. The only noise really is when the turbo kicks in and then it's kind of a whistle noise, but certainly no tick ticks.

What area you people patrol

Original Poster

right well the garage guy said that was normal for a diesel....idiot !!!

When i put the foot down in 2nd there was a ticking for about 5 seconds then went away, change gear 3rd ticking...right up till 5th...it was pretty loud aswell

the idiot had the radio on and thought i wouldnt turn it down

Banned

strike;3213580

What area you people patrol

me and my colleagues patrol over the south west

Banned

saxo_appeal;3213584

right well the garage guy said that was normal for a diesel....idiot … right well the garage guy said that was normal for a diesel....idiot !!!When i put the foot down in 2nd there was a ticking for about 5 seconds then went away, change gear 3rd ticking...right up till 5th...it was pretty loud aswellthe idiot had the radio on and thought i wouldnt turn it down

bin the sale mate unless its coming from a BMW garage :thumbsup:

Get a 58 Plate BMW 7 series might leave you in debt but you will love it!!

Original Poster

couldnt afford that one mate lol,

yeh iv binned it.....that tickin noise was maybe the turbo nacked or something..dont know what....it just didnt sound right

Banned

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/police/dscd0494.jpg

similar to my ride but in white and big dog in the back ...

What cars are the undercover ones, BMW 3 Series?

in my area is a vauxhall vectra.

Lol funny thing was a few days back my cousin was driving a range rover vogue 04 plate hes 21 and as soon as the police saw how young he was they pulled him over but he was legit , should have seen there faces lol.

Marzbars tell him to link me up with his ends init so i can drive a range rover.

dog_cop;3213732

similar to my ride but in white and big dog in the back ...

So out of interest then, as you've got a dog, do you only go out to really messy calls, or do you take your dog with you all the time anyway? And if you've got to bundle some arrogant little idiot in the back of the car, have they ever been frightened there's a big dog right near them? Just curious really cause you hardly ever see officers and dogs in my area, so didn't know if you were all kept away for 'special occasions'
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?35
      2. When Broadband Contracts End, Does The Price Increase Significantly, If You…22
      3. Using delete and back keys on updated Hotukdeals website.22
      4. Photobook for up to 400 photos?23

See more discussions