Groups

does anyone have a Nokia N73 Music Edition on Orange ?

I've just received mine and it doesn't look the same as the photo on the box
    the IMEI match and the box has Music Edition on, but the pic of the phone shows it with a green screen and "music menu", which I can't find on this phone

can anyone help ?

thanks

6 Comments

Original Poster

lumoruk

Hold down the broken blue square button above the C button on the right?

that brings up 5 options, same shape menu as the broken box, they are

top> photography
    right> slide show
    bottom> configure
    left> web
    centre> Or Mus Play (orange music player I presume)

do you have this phone, if so what's your firmware version ? *#0000#

maybe someones flashed the wrong firmware onto the phone?

or it may just be oranges stupid branding

Original Poster

gaming_guy

maybe someones flashed the wrong firmware onto the phone?or it may just … maybe someones flashed the wrong firmware onto the phone?or it may just be oranges stupid branding

It's supposed to be brand new, unwanted upgrade, and everything looks brand new

I just bit the bullet and used NSS to change (hack) the product code then flashed with the latest unbranded firmware using NSU

now it looks like and has the features of the N73-ME

after a long search I found a couple of posts stating that Orange had sent out some N73s in N73ME boxes... as with all things internet, how true and how widespread that is is anyones guess

thanks

Original Poster

lumoruk

Hu...so not sure what version you're using. I've got v4.0726201 O2.

it had Orange branded V3.0704.1.0.1
    product code 0546349

changed the product code to 0539239 (N73 Music Edition - Vanilla - EURO 2 Black) using ]Nemesis Service Suite

updated the firmware, using Nokia Software Updater, to V4.0736.3.2.1

and changed the product code back to original, PC Suite won't recognise your phone otherwise

hope that's of use to someone else...

Original Poster

lumoruk

Did you not try to use the Nokia Software Updater before using Nemesis?

yes, it just said I had the newest firmware and do I want to re-install

I've also found windows live messenger for S60 Nokias and it works a treat, and seems to be free on Orange GPRS (PAYG account)

Original Poster

lumoruk

When you say the screen was green that could just be the background which … When you say the screen was green that could just be the background which is changed in Tools>Themes menu. You know how to get into the music menu though right?

the proper music edition theme wasn't there, nor were the music edition menus

since the firmware hack/update it's exactly how it should be :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1831
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2599
      4. TechInTheBasket?69

See more discussions