Groups

Does anyone have a White MacBook

I bought a White MacBook a few months ago, it seems to have small dark 'patches' on the lower left and lower right corners of the screen, only really notice at that white screen when you switch it on.

Does anyone elses screen look the same, as I want to get it checked out if not!

Cheers

4 Comments

Apple consumer screens (ie: non Pro branded products) can be quite uneven in their brightness, but dark patches does sound like a fault.

Take it to your nearest Apple Authorised Service Provider or an Apple store. ]Click here for a list of local AASPs.

Apple replaced my screen not long ago for similar issues. They just booked it in and put a new lcd in. Also replaced palm rest and keyboard. They gave me the actual receipt for what it cost (although its covered on applecare) £380 holy *****.....applecare at its greatest lol

LCDs with CCFL backlights take some time to warm up, if you can only see it when starting the computer up then I wouldn't worry about it.

EndlessWaves;5243055

LCDs with CCFL backlights take some time to warm up, if you can only see … LCDs with CCFL backlights take some time to warm up, if you can only see it when starting the computer up then I wouldn't worry about it.

agreed,

it is quite usual
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047130
      2. What would be HELL to you?2632
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767340
      4. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3345660

See more discussions