Does anyone have an ELC 'Roadster'

19 replies
Found 28th Feb 2009
Just bought one for my daughter and I cant get the screen to move whilst driving. If anyone has one please can you elt me know how to sort this?

1. Misc
  2. ELC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. ELC
19 Comments

Banned

press the up button ..... just trolling

Google says Early Learning Centre Little Roadster....you 3yrs old?

http://imagesa.ciao.com/iuk/images/products/normal/420/product-5812420.jpg

Original Poster

that doesnt work i think it might be faulty. It ahs music and I can steer the car but the screen will not move

Banned

hunter82;4512634

that doesnt work i think it might be faulty. It ahs music and I can steer … that doesnt work i think it might be faulty. It ahs music and I can steer the car but the screen will not move

press the big orange button as illustrated in the image above

Original Poster

when its up it just has a beeping sound, middle soudns stop, backwards it has a breaking sound

Banned

hunter82;4512658

when its up it just has a beeping sound, middle soudns stop, backwards it … when its up it just has a beeping sound, middle soudns stop, backwards it has a breaking sound

Oh you're serious :oops: I feel stupid now I thought you were talking about one of these http://www.tiscali.co.uk/broadband/images/smart_roadster.jpg

Man I'm a rubbish troll

Original Poster

lumoruk;4512664

Oh you're serious :oops: I feel stupid now

:whistling:

Original Poster

Hah I wish!
I bought it off ebay really peed off with it tbh

Banned

hunter82;4512713

Hah I wish!I bought it off ebay really peed off with it tbh

Tried emailing them? or have you had it longer than 7 days.

Also have you tried fresh batteries?

Original Poster

Yes just e-mailed the seller. Just as new they described it as its in a right state.
Ive put new batteries in too

Banned

hunter82;4512743

Yes just e-mailed the seller. Just as new they described it as its in a … Yes just e-mailed the seller. Just as new they described it as its in a right state.Ive put new batetries in it too

They will probably claim it was damaged in the post

Original Poster

lumoruk;4512751

They will probably claim it was damaged in the post

It did come in a royal mail bag actually saying that it got damaged - all the packageing was ripped. Then again it was only wrapped in a tesco bag and brown paper

Banned

hunter82;4512756

It did come in a royal mail bag actually saying that it got damaged - all … It did come in a royal mail bag actually saying that it got damaged - all the packageing was ripped. Then again it was only wrapped in a tesco bag and brown paper

You'll have to let the seller know, then get them to claim compensation through royal mail. Though Royal Mail will probably refuse due to the rubbish packaging. It's only 15 squid on ELC website, how much was it off ebay?

Original Poster

lumoruk;4512777

You'll have to let the seller know, then get them to claim compensation … You'll have to let the seller know, then get them to claim compensation through royal mail. It's only 15 squid on ELC website, how much was it off ebay?

I really dont think the scratches and scuffs on it were caused by roayal mail though and it was absolutely filthy. Is it the sellers job to claim through royal mail as well?
I think I paid about £6.50 including postage. My little girls heartbroken really peed off

Banned

hunter82;4512787

I really dont think the scratches and scuffs on it were caused by roayal … I really dont think the scratches and scuffs on it were caused by roayal mail though and it was absolutely filthy. Is it the sellers job to claim through royal mail as well?I think I paid about £6.50 including postage. My little girls heartbroken really peed off

Yes it is, but if you end up claiming through paypal (if you used it) you have to send it back recorded which will cost another £6.50+. Was there a stamp on the front to show how much postage cost the seller? Can work out what the profit was for them, I would just email them saying you've got no option but to leave a negative unless they give a full refund as it's obvious it is used and broken.

Original Poster

lumoruk;4512843

Yes it is, but if you end up claiming through paypal (if you used it) you … Yes it is, but if you end up claiming through paypal (if you used it) you have to send it back recorded which will cost another £6.50+. Was there a stamp on the front to show how much postage cost the seller? Can work out what the profit was for them, I would just email them saying you've got no option but to leave a negative unless they give a full refund as it's obvious it is used and broken.

They paid £2.09 postage and charged me £3.50 postage. :x
(really appreciate your help btw)

Banned

hunter82;4512913

They paid £2.09 postage and charged me £3.50 postage. :x(really a … They paid £2.09 postage and charged me £3.50 postage. :x(really appreciate your help btw)

That's £1.41 for wrapping paper and a plaster bag could have stretched to some bubble wrap me thinks.

Original Poster

Lol me too. The seller e-mailed me back and seems nice so elts jsut hope I can get ALL of my money back. Thanks for your help rep left

Banned

hunter82;4513400

Lol me too. The seller e-mailed me back and seems nice so elts jsut hope … Lol me too. The seller e-mailed me back and seems nice so elts jsut hope I can get ALL of my money back. Thanks for your help rep left

Cool, when you leave rep in future it's good to leave your name at the end - lumoruk, so people know who it's from. You leave anonymous messages otherwise
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge34
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black11
    3. CEX grading67
    4. Lost my CEX membership Card?33

See more discussions