Does anyone have an iPhone 7 without hissgate/hissing?

Found 22nd Nov 2016
Per question - anyone not experiencing hissing with their iPhone 7?

11 Comments

Ive got a 7 plus and not had any issues, doesn't it only hiss when the cpu is under a heavy load?

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Ive got a 7 plus and not had any issues, doesn't it only hiss when the … Ive got a 7 plus and not had any issues, doesn't it only hiss when the cpu is under a heavy load?

nope, I've had a few iPhone 7's and they make a hiss when the screen is turned on. The sound is also picked up when recording video.

tej1

nope, I've had a few iPhone 7's and they make a hiss when the screen is … nope, I've had a few iPhone 7's and they make a hiss when the screen is turned on. The sound is also picked up when recording video.

Is it the standard 7 you are getting, or the plus? My brother has a plus too and he has no issues, but im sure the problem does exist with the plus too, so are the replacements by apple still giving the same issue? Also is it happening on the home screen when no apps are running?

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Is it the standard 7 you are getting, or the plus? My brother has a plus … Is it the standard 7 you are getting, or the plus? My brother has a plus too and he has no issues, but im sure the problem does exist with the plus too, so are the replacements by apple still giving the same issue? Also is it happening on the home screen when no apps are running?

The standard 7. Yes, both models have the issues. I haven't been to replace it as I cannot get any Genius Bar appointments in my schedule - rather I have returned my iPhones and re-ordered new ones in the hope that the issue would only exist in a certain batch/Apple would have hopefully fixed it already... last one I bought near start of November, which had the hissgate. The sound is apparent even with no apps running and just on the lock screen.

Running on the 7 Jet Black 128mb and no hiss for me, first I have heard of this. I did have an issue on a 6s, heard when recorded video and after a sound test at Apple - diagnosed with faulty rear mic - but a hiss on lock screen sounds like a worry!

tej1

The standard 7. Yes, both models have the issues. I haven't been to … The standard 7. Yes, both models have the issues. I haven't been to replace it as I cannot get any Genius Bar appointments in my schedule - rather I have returned my iPhones and re-ordered new ones in the hope that the issue would only exist in a certain batch/Apple would have hopefully fixed it already... last one I bought near start of November, which had the hissgate. The sound is apparent even with no apps running and just on the lock screen.

I hope the new phone works for you without the issue, I heard about the hissing issue it when first released but heard much about about it since then so maybe the newer batches are ok?

youtu.be/FqA…PcQ I think this video explains why the hissing happens? Loud capacitors?

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

I hope the new phone works for you without the issue, I heard about the … I hope the new phone works for you without the issue, I heard about the hissing issue it when first released but heard much about about it since then so maybe the newer batches are ok?

Have yet to order a new one.. not sure if it's worth the hassle yet. May order when supply for the 7 Plus meets demand (and hopefully by then Apple will have amended the issue in manufacturing process). My last one was received near start of November, so the issue is still out there

Original Poster

Indicut

Running on the 7 Jet Black 128mb and no hiss for me, first I have heard … Running on the 7 Jet Black 128mb and no hiss for me, first I have heard of this. I did have an issue on a 6s, heard when recorded video and after a sound test at Apple - diagnosed with faulty rear mic - but a hiss on lock screen sounds like a worry!

Yup. So your's makes absolutely no sound at the back when you put it against your ear when using it?

32gb matte black 7, 1 week old no hiss?

Original Poster

jamiemc88

32gb matte black 7, 1 week old no hiss?

none at all? when you hold the back of your phone up to your ear or when recording video?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769585
    2. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!810
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810997
    4. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…44

See more discussions