Does anyone have an online store? Help

Found 2nd Jan
Hi,

I am starting my own e-commerce website and eBay store.

Where do you buy your packing materials from? Bags, boxes etc?

Also what accounting software do you use? Safe, quickbooks etc?

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Try rajapack.

If you have an accountant it may be worth asking what they want you to use. Mine uses SAGE so I started on that.

windym7 m ago

If you have an accountant it may be worth asking what they want you to …If you have an accountant it may be worth asking what they want you to use. Mine uses SAGE so I started on that.

Mine also suggested Sage, which saves me some accountancy fees, as she just runs her various reports at month/year end.

Wishing you the best of luck. Use tracked deliveries or you will get hammered when scam buyers claim they haven’t received stuff. PayPal always refunds the buyers.

Lots of sellers are leaving eBay due to this as well as increasing fees etc. If you have good margins you might be ok.

You need to know what quality you’ll need. My other half runs the same from home and took her a few attempts with different suppliers to find the right cost / quality balance.

Give them a call, ask how much for a sample as the larger the order the better the disxout

Original Poster

Mafo11 h, 0 m ago

You need to know what quality you’ll need. My other half runs the same f …You need to know what quality you’ll need. My other half runs the same from home and took her a few attempts with different suppliers to find the right cost / quality balance.Give them a call, ask how much for a sample as the larger the order the better the disxout

is this for packaging? Who does she use?

Original Poster

cmdr_elito14 h, 33 m ago

Wishing you the best of luck. Use tracked deliveries or you will get …Wishing you the best of luck. Use tracked deliveries or you will get hammered when scam buyers claim they haven’t received stuff. PayPal always refunds the buyers. Lots of sellers are leaving eBay due to this as well as increasing fees etc. If you have good margins you might be ok.

Thanks. Where are people trading? Going to use Amazon and Ebay for a start and hopefully direct them customers to my website when they repeat buy.

Original Poster

DKLS23 h, 3 m ago

Mine also suggested Sage, which saves me some accountancy fees, as she …Mine also suggested Sage, which saves me some accountancy fees, as she just runs her various reports at month/year end.

Which version of sage do you use? Instant accounts or one?

ministrymason9 m ago

Which version of sage do you use? Instant accounts or one?

I used to use Sage 50, but I didn't need a large chunk of the features, so ditched it for Sage One.

ministrymason9 h, 32 m ago

Thanks. Where are people trading? Going to use Amazon and Ebay for a start …Thanks. Where are people trading? Going to use Amazon and Ebay for a start and hopefully direct them customers to my website when they repeat buy.

Amazon I think or they have given up altogether.

Remember on eBay you pay eBay fees and PayPal fees too so it’s double whammy.

In terms of your own website, if you want repeat customers offer them a small discount (perhaps a bit less than the fee you will be charged by amazon) if they order direct with you. Otherwise there is little incentive for them to use your own website. People love a discount! You can also contact quidco or topcashback and offer them a small discount for their customers which click through, may help you build up customers.

Familiarise yourself with uk tax law as there have been changes recently. gov.uk/onl…ing
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 3rd Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants