Does anyone have any experience of running an Android box through a touchscreen monitor?

4 replies
Found 28th Sep 2016
I'm trying to work out what to order. Basically I'd like to connect an Android box to a touchscreen monitor and use it without too many modifications

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

4 Comments

I don't think I've ever seen an Android box with an external interface for touch screen? They only have HDMI ect and I'm fairly sure that can't carry the required signal?

this guy used an android tv box and touchscreens to create his djing station djtrax.us/

steve1221

I don't think I've ever seen an Android box with an external interface … I don't think I've ever seen an Android box with an external interface for touch screen? They only have HDMI ect and I'm fairly sure that can't carry the required signal?

Touchscreens typically use USB for their touch layer which almost all android boxes have.

I think as long as the monitor has a USB up link input then it should work fine.
I have a hp pro slate 21 which is an android touchscreen pc which has a USB up link input and when I hook my windows pc upto it via hdmi and USB lead (via uplink input) the touchscreen works exactly the same as my windows 10 tablet does.

tell you what, I do have an android box. I will try the exact same experiment with that and report my findings.
If it works it'll be a bonus as the slate is on android 4.4 and not getting an update so if I can keep it upto date via an external box it will give it more life.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop22
    2. Windows 7 reactivation57
    3. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    4. Wireless earphones46

See more discussions