Does anyone have any unwanted timber (North East)?

I'm looking to make a few crates for storage and was wondering if anyone had any unwanted timber that they would be willing to give away so it could be put to good use?

Preferably not MDF, but as long as it nots water damaged it should be fine.

I'm willing to collect, obviously.

7 Comments

try your local freecycle website, sign up and perhaps post a "wanted" post onto the message board
uk.freecycle.org/
hope you find your timber lol

Banned

bonfire nights coming think everyone after spare wood

Original Poster

*roosterpots*;6576531

try your local freecycle website, sign up and perhaps post a "wanted" … try your local freecycle website, sign up and perhaps post a "wanted" post onto the message board :)http://www.uk.freecycle.org/hope you find your timber lol

I can't use freecycle. The yahoo group just keeps looping around and around asking for my password.

have you tried looking round industrial estates? most factories leave them outside for the pallet blokes (the timber version of scrap men) who drive around and collect them, i know my local franks factory flooring always has some outside, where in the north east are you and how much do you need?

Where are you based mate? anywhere near fife?

Original Poster

rockerfella20;6577389

have you tried looking round industrial estates? most factories leave … have you tried looking round industrial estates? most factories leave them outside for the pallet blokes (the timber version of scrap men) who drive around and collect them, i know my local franks factory flooring always has some outside, where in the north east are you and how much do you need?

I might try that, thanks.

Original Poster

generaloneill;6577627

Where are you based mate? anywhere near fife?

About 140 miles from fife!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1010
    2. Sad news about Barcelona67
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2446
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213604

See more discussions