Does anyone have experience of Ocular Hypertension

Posted 16th Feb
My other half just got diagnosed by Vision Express
Has anyone got experience of this?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Yip I’ve got it. It can be treated with drops if you catch it early enough. Mine has turned into glaucoma which I now have an implant in my eye to control the pressure
My dad has it and lost his vision
Had it 15 years and take latanoprost drops daily. No problems since diagnosis and pressure is steady

See your gp who will get you a consultant appointment for a full proper examination
Edited by: "chocci" 17th Feb
Hubby diagnosed about 18 months ago (via Specsavers) had laser treatment in both eyes to relieve pressure and now has 1 drop of latanoprost in each eye at bed time.
Consultant pleased with last pressure test and will now get tested yearly.
If you get prescribed only 1.5ml latanoprost, ask your GP for a 3 monthly prescription, so 3 x1.5ml botttles for £9 rather than £9 per month (if that makes sense).
Toptrumpet17/02/2020 16:27

Hubby diagnosed about 18 months ago (via Specsavers) had laser treatment …Hubby diagnosed about 18 months ago (via Specsavers) had laser treatment in both eyes to relieve pressure and now has 1 drop of latanoprost in each eye at bed time.Consultant pleased with last pressure test and will now get tested yearly.If you get prescribed only 1.5ml latanoprost, ask your GP for a 3 monthly prescription, so 3 x1.5ml botttles for £9 rather than £9 per month (if that makes sense).

I always ask for 6 months which is always fulfilled. Last month, they gave me 9 months worth.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants