Expired

Does anyone have, or have you seen skirting boards painted charcoal black before?

Found 17th Mar 2013
Going to be replacing skirting boards in a few months, and i am just wondering if they will look any good painted a charcoal black or similiar colour?
I fancy a change from wood effect and im not too keen on white.
I plan on painting walls a nice light blue colour.

Also if i do go ahead with a dark colour, should i use a gloss or satin? im not sure of the difference

cheers
Community Updates
7 Comments
You can buy them in loads of colours in plastic so I guess they will look fine
the dust would show up all to well.. if you're upto dusting them everyday, go for it! as for paint, I always think satin is nicer (less harsh)
samwants2save

the dust would show up all to well.. if you're upto dusting them … the dust would show up all to well.. if you're upto dusting them everyday, go for it! as for paint, I always think satin is nicer (less harsh)

surely dust would be a little less noticeable on a dark rather than a white? i thought satin might be better, but i think i will really need to get some testers.
Depends on what colour your dust is

Seriously though, it would show more on a dark colour.
having had black furniture in the past i can verify that dust shows up alot quicker on black surfaces..
Dust always shows up more on dark wood or plastic. My mum in law has dark wood in her bedroom and hates it.
Also if you have any wood or laminate floors you will notice that dust does accumulate round the edges of the room. this would then be on your skirting board. If you didn't like it and wanted to change it you'd have to put lots of coats of paint on to cover it.. Nice idea bur I would really rethink.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants