Does anyone have the F770 thinkware dashcam front and rear and if so what are you thoughts on it?

3 replies
Found 9th Apr
Does anyone have the F770 thinkware dashcam front and rear and if so what are you thoughts on it?

Looking for front and back dashcam that will record incidents when I am parked up and have heard good things about this dashcam and the fact it stores and records up to 10 secs before any incident.

1. Ask
  2. Dash Cam
3 Comments

I have the transcend 520 ,dual camera, fantastic, picture quality is amazing, even at night, infa red inside , very surprised if their is a better one

transcend-info.com/Pro…705

Original Poster

wilky67

I have the transcend 520 ,dual camera, fantastic, picture quality is … I have the transcend 520 ,dual camera, fantastic, picture quality is amazing, even at night, infa red inside , very surprised if their is a better onehttps://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-705

It's doesn't seem to do the parking mode sensor record

I've had the f770 for about 3 months now, it's a good piece of hardware, video quality is very good, I leave the HDR mode on, 1 minute seems to use 80Mb, (continuous recording are in 1 minute files). Sound recording is really good quality too. I'm glad I purchased it, looks sturdy and hope it lasts a long time. Night mode recordings are a lot better than I expected, although with raindrops in that view it can be difficult to pick out a numberplate, but that's expected.

Haven't managed to get the camera to stay on more than 10 minutes in parking mode, but hoping once I get round to fitting some add-in fuses it might work better; car constantly reads a battery voltage close to the turn off threshold... Hoping it's just down to a loose connecting wrap around the fuse.

Personally, I don't like the voice, volume control on it seems to be an option of loud or even louder, turned off the lane departure and the proximity warning within a day although was fairly accurate when I had it on, hate that the thing tells me about recordings it's done every time I start the car (subtle flashing LEDs would have been better), and occasionally some recordings don't seem to playback (haven't figured out why, maybe because I don't format the card regularly (warns you about that too!) but if you're looking for a decent resolution camera then it's definitely one to consider. (would be a lot better for parking mode if you had the option to stop recording on one camera, for times when you're parked facing a wall, would save memory card space I think, but don't think any other dashcams do that anyway)

The front unit is a bit big and I struggled to fit it discreetly behind the rear view mirror, but now it's in, it's secure, and you hardly notice it. The mobile phone interface is neat, connection is quick (since software update) and download of a 80Mb video clip to the phone takes a few minutes but adequate, and can easily remove the memory card if need to.

I've not had another dashcam so can't compare it to others but did debate over getting the blackvue 650s 2 channel model for a smaller front camera or the mini 0805p or DDpai mini for my first exposure to dashcam without the high cost if it wasn't for me...but even with it's minor annoyances in glad I went for this one. And the software (Android and Windows) both work almost flawlessly, definitely with paying extra for that I think!

If you're considering this then would suggest budgeting for a larger memory card (the 32Gb I have records about 2 hours and then starts overwriting from the start) and look at some add-in fuses (I'm still waiting for 99p ones I ordered from China!). A filter might be something I get in the future as my windscreen has a lot of reflection and that affects the video.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128
    2. word association Game74244893
    3. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October56
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769294

See more discussions